TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....I am driving my wife's car (97 3.8L Bird) and I stop at a light. I try to go and the car barely moves, I mean even with the accelerator almost floored. I look down and notice that my service engine light is blinking. So I pull over. I checked the codes once I got to my house and got my scanner, and I got a P353, P302, and P306. Which is Ignition coil C pri./Sec malfunction or something like that, and misfires on cylinders #2 and #6. I had to get the car running, so I said screw it and bought a new coil. The car ran fine for about 10 minutes and now it is doing the same thing and shooting me the same codes.... Any idea as to what this problem might be if it isn't a coil?? Any help or advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well the first thing to look at when you got trouble running like that is to clean the MAF. It's easy, it's free, and it's quick. Unfortuantly I don't know as much about the ignition system as I should. I'm sure that someone else here does I'm sure.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
On the P0353 code, one of the first items to check is for "spark at crank." If spark is not consistant, check spark plugs and wires. Other possible causes: incorrect voltage to the coils or PCM, or a harness problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to bite the bullet and take it to Ford.... it turns out that the PCM took a crap. But they are fixing it for me. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts