TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignition cylinder is very lose. Without the key in, I can turn it and the "your key is in the ignition" chime goes off...but the key is not. LOL

Basically...I know can replace the ignition cylinder with matching keys, but I don't want to have 3 keys to the vehicle (1 for ignition, 1 for door and 1 for trunk)...I know I know: I have the keypad and the inside trunk release, plus you can open the trunk from the key pad...but I'd like to have just the two keys.

Are there sets that replace the ignition and doors?
Also, what are my after market ignition options?-what are some of you guys using?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What! You mean Lock smiths can do that? In bought a new one of those for my old t and the L.S. Said it couldn't be done SOB!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used to service a fleet of E-350 vans which use a similar key cylinder as the tbirds and we periodically had to change them as they wore out. We were able to buy the new cylinders that were not keyed yet from our local parts store that came with a whole set of new pins so that you could make it match any key that the E-Series, and I believe F-Series as well, used. That way we didn't have to make a complete new set of spare keys for each vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts