TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You Texas coastal boys getting ready? I still don't know if I am staying in New Orleans or going to Texas. We have had about double the crew we needed here in New Orleans in anticipation for Ike.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
A buddy of mine is in the Galveston area, just a few miles from the coast. He's leaving and going to Dallas to the in-laws.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You Texas coastal boys getting ready? I still don't know if I am staying in New Orleans or going to Texas. We have had about double the crew we needed here in New Orleans in anticipation for Ike.
Good to hear.
I'm on standby at work to be deployed. Gotta worry about my house and everyone else's too!

·
Super Moderator
11,921 Posts
Take care guys he is going to be a big one !
+1 Best wishes to the TX, LA and OK TCCoAers. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there guys!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
yeah my thoughts are with you too, guys, we may get a little of ike this far inland but nothing compared to what you guys are in for, good luck to all.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
You may need to go rescue Langton. He says he ain't leaving. The way this thing's track keeps shifting East, he may end up wishing he had.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am west of New Orleans about 20 miles and Ike is starting to rock the RV pretty good with the outer bands. Its a big biach of a storm, like Cartman sized.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
We're gonna be fine here-this thing will have less wind than Rita,and will move out a helluva lot faster than Rita. Those poor bastards down around Port Arthur and Orange are gonna be in deep doo-doo from storm surge-hopefully the surge will be less than forecast.
JL

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
My parents are at the house in Sugar Land and me and a buddy are up in Lubbock visiting some friends. Im just worried about the bird sitting outside under some of the giant trees at my house.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
My parents are at the house in Sugar Land and me and a buddy are up in Lubbock visiting some friends. Im just worried about the bird sitting outside under some of the giant trees at my house.

Thats not good Good luck there bud... Watching the storm on CNN some big time wave action !! I was born and raised in NC and i have been thru some bad canes myself.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
They said Galveston will be under water in a couple hours. No rain yet just storm surge.

If anybody wants to see the local weather live you can check out myfoxhoustonlive.com

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
20+ ft storm surge will swallow most all of Galveston,and alot of the areas surrounding Houston. This one won't be the wind damaging storm that Rita was,it'll be a flood damage storm alot like Katrina. Port Arthur,Orange,Bridge City,etc will all have alot of flooding and much of it will be salt water intrusion.
JL

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Rita had wind but it wasnt near us in houston.....i had maybe 40-50mph for rita...this will be much higher because of it coming just west of town slapping us with the "dirty" side.....i expect significant damage.....i also agree with the surge.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
ill also be pulling into the houston area around midnight...ought to be quite interesting.....lucky im pulling a heavy load today...79,500.....ill need every bit im sure....!
Ask why? ...my SC is out in the elements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
stay safe boys. :zbeer:

·
Registered
654 Posts
The goofy bastages here are sandbagging the building & buttoning everything up.

Pay no attention to the fact that we're sitting on top of a hill in AUSTIN *cough cough...* From the looks of things, I doubut we'll see any more than a wimpy thunderstorm.

Hope you Houston boys stay safe.

:D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts