TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about combining forces for a IL and WI meet along the border? Ether at Baron Drag way or Great Lakes? I’ve talked to a couple guys here and they would be willing to set some thing up. Pick a date in mid to late spring and go from there. I know this is kind of early to be planning, but better then not planning at all, right?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i am in. sundays, sat night work best

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Depends when but I should be in.

-Miller

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
week before world ford challenge. i want to make sure the car is ready for wfc. hopefully it dont blow up.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If it's in March or April, I'm in.

We have an outage that will last the whole month of April so I'll be working 12's 6 days a week :-(

Otherwise, I'm in. Be nice to meet some people from the area.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No way will it be in March. Last year we had it April 1st and it was mid-upper 30's with a cold wind. Brrrrr! Should be shooting for April-May.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm in for anytime in May

anyone want to help me swap out pumpkins?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
may 12-13 would be great. cause wfc is the 17-20th in indy.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TydlwavS said:
Not Great Lakes. I won't go there to watch. Byron is a different story. I still like Byron.
Byron does look like a very good possibility :thumbsup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
DirtyBird46 said:
I still dont understand the hatred for GLD. Everyone that complains about it hasn't been there in 2 or 3 years!
Because you don't know how rediculuous it was and how bad the attitudes of the employees were, and how bad we were treated. If you got treated like that at any other business, I guarantee you would not go back to them either, no matter how many changes they have made or how long it's been.

We were paying them to race. They were there to take our money, make us wait, and treat us like scum. Screw that place, I will NEVER go back. Enuf said...

EDIT: Back to topic, I would be in for a Byron meet, but since the Bird won't be ready for the strip once again, I'll bring out the Stang and the Ex, and probably race both ;)

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blown306 said:
Because you don't know how rediculuous it was and how bad the attitudes of the employees were, and how bad we were treated. If you got treated like that at any other business, I guarantee you would not go back to them either, no matter how many changes they have made or how long it's been.

We were paying them to race. They were there to take our money, make us wait, and treat us like scum. Screw that place, I will NEVER go back. Enuf said...

EDIT: Back to topic, I would be in for a Byron meet, but since the Bird won't be ready for the strip once again, I'll bring out the Stang and the Ex, and probably race both ;)
Sorry...GLD has its ups and downs, I will admit that I have had my fair share of downs with GLD so I will agree. You are right on one thing and that is the attitudes for sure. The only time GLD has its ups is when they are not busy, but that is no excuse to act like that toward a paying customer.

Sorry back on topic.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Blown306 said:

I have the same attitude towards Joliet. Sure, it is a nice track but you need a $100,000 racecar to get any track time there. Plus they charge almost twice as much as GLD. I went on an "open track day" and got one run in and to top it off, it was a weekday! The track workers were also dickheads, maybe it’s the fumes/smoke that they breathe all day that makes them irritable??

Back on topic: I have never been to Byron and wouldn't mind going there. I doubt I will have my Bird there either, I am still trying to finish up the motor swap that has been going on for over 2 years :eek: So, I will also have my Mustang and will be hoping for some passes in the 13's!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yup...that's exactly what I'm talking about...+1 on the Joliet comment.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'll throw in a vote for Byron

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
unless its an event say nmra i wont go there either.

41 is a good tnt track, they let almost anything go and they know how to run staging.

us131 good track too but its in mich.

byron is good, hooks good and the run the lanes fair even if they do run downhill.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts