TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going for Th, Fr, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm thinkin the Hooters in Woodfield early Sunday afternoon. Let's say 2pm for ****s and giggles and work out the hairy details later.

I figure I'll leave Elkhart about 9am or something for the trip back. The sooner I get out of Indiana the better.

Whoever is intersted in the caravan to/from the event please let me know so I remember to knock you over the head and drag you home for the good fun at Hooters!!!

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Well I'm not from Chicago but I'll be heading there after the nats for a week.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...if you are interested you are more than welcome. The Hooters is in Schaumburg, IL. It's a little West of Chicago. There may be a place to hang out after Hooters. I'll have more info at the Nats.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This meet at Hooters is still a go.

I'll only be hitting Nats on Saturday and maybe I'll stock around til Sunday. Anyone is welcome to follow me back to the Hooters in Schaumburg. Post if you can make it. It's right around the corner. Also PM me your mobile numbers so I know who to contact if I don't see you at Nationals.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
I'll be coming from the Nats on sunday, dunno what time we'll roll in, but I'll see ya at Hooters at 2pm. If we have enough time I'll drop my stuff off at my friends and he'll drop the 'vette off so we won't have to take two cars. Either that or I'll ride in the 'vette.. heh

I'll need directions from a major interstate though, he doesn't know exactly where that Hooters is.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I might be up for it. I have 3 more days after sunday off from work, so i'm in no hurry to get home. My friend MIGHT be, but i doubt it. Todd, i'll pm my number right now. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
waz up todd.. I just heard about the mn12 thing being in IN. What day would you say would be the best to go up? I really can only stay for 1 day.

monk

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Most everything is happening on Saturday. You will miss the dyno on friday, but with no tuner there I don't really see the point of spending the money anyway.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have your PM's and I recorded the numbers in my mobile. If you guys don't hear from me before Saturday night call me on my mobile(you will have PM's). I'm thinkin about leaving at 10:00 on Sunday....I think we'll get back to Schaumburg around 1 or 2 if I'm guessing right. Please print directions from Elkhart, IN to Schaumburg, IL. I've been known to take the wrong road once in a while:cool:

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Todd Drefcinski said:
Please print directions from Elkhart, IN to Schaumburg, IL. I've been known to take the wrong road once in a while:cool:
Courtesy of AAA

To : 1705 East Golf Road, Schaumburg, Illinois

Total Distance : 133.0 miles (214.0km)
Total Est. Time : 2 hrs., 6mins.

Map : Overview

3011 Belvedere Rd, Elkhart, Indiana - 1705 East Golf Road, Schaumburg, Illinois

1. Start out heading EAST on BELVEDERE ROAD towards CASSOPOLIS STREET. Drive for a short distance.
2. Turn LEFT onto CASSOPOLIS STREET. Drive for 0.5 miles.
3. Turn RIGHT onto ramp. Drive for 0.3 miles.
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT to get on I-80 W towards I-80 W / I-90 W / CHICAGO. Drive for 70.6 miles.
5. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto I-90 W. Drive for 57 miles.
6. Take exit towards ARLINGTON HTS RD. Drive for 0.3 miles.
7. Go STRAIGHT to get on S ARLINGTON HEIGHTS ROAD towards ARLINGTON HTS. Drive for 0.2 miles.
8. Turn LEFT onto W ALGONQUIN ROAD. Drive for 0.7 miles.
9. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto GOLF ROAD. Drive for 2.4 miles.
10. Make a U-turn at WEST DRIVE.
11. Drive for a short distance to reach the destination

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Great, I haven't been back in the Illiana area for 4 years now and I'm the one leading someone who lives there. ;)

If anyone has those little two way radios, they come in handy for keeping large groups of people together, or bringing two smaller groups back together. I'll have mine with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
new to the forums, but I'll try to make it

I will try to make it up to hooters on Sunday, I live in NW Indiana so I'm not to far away:D Hope to see you all there around 2.

Should I ask for the thunderbird group when I get there?

-I guess I'm the other Todd

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah....ask for the T-bird guys. Seems like we'll have just shy of ten people right now if everyone shows up. See ya there!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Todd, call me when you crossover into IL...I'll head over there and make sure the greeters know which direction to point the Thunderbird people...then I'll go to the bar and prime myself ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
See you there if...

...I can get my brakes done Sunday morning. (I think I toasted them chasing my friend in his Mustang. :D ) Some buffalo wings will be a nice reward for the work.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Schaumburg seems to be the only place where we get good numbers. It's cool that so many people are planning to make the ride up there.

If the Hooters is just off the mall drive....park inside that mall drive. At least all the car will be together. That area tends to get RATHER busy on weekends.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts