TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sooooo my mom got a dwi this weekend....with my car.:mad: :facepalm: and among the dwi was "illegitimate muffler (altered)" (i put a cherry bomb glass pack on) can they charge me legally with this? i bought the muffler from auto zone,its not loud and as far as i know i can pretty much do anything i want to my exhaust system except screw with the cats ( if i want to stay legal for inspection ) OH and dont put air freshener trees in your mirror its an "obstruction of view" whats the course of action i should take guys? can i fight this ticket?

·
Registered
871 Posts
You can fight it, you will need a lawyer most likely, but those tickets are more than likley given to the person driving the car. Usually when it goes to court they will drop the smaller infractions and focus on the bigger ones. Police like to issue a bunch of tickets just in case one doesn't stick, from my experience. Sorry to hear about the circumstances involved hopefully everything works out for you guys!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can fight it, you will need a lawyer most likely, but those tickets are more than likley given to the person driving the car. Usually when it goes to court they will drop the smaller infractions and focus on the bigger ones. Police like to issue a bunch of tickets just in case one doesn't stick, from my experience. Sorry to hear about the circumstances involved hopefully everything works out for you guys!
by how i look at it its bs ( i only say that because of the air freshener trees thing :mad: )

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds just as bad as the some of the stupid laws in Florida too. I been hasled for my steering knob. I think they hate it because it looks like the revolver part of a gun that is loaded. Sorry to hear about the dwi though.

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
sooooo my mom got a dwi this weekend....with my car.:mad: :facepalm: and among the dwi was "illegitimate muffler (altered)" (i put a cherry bomb glass pack on) can they charge me legally with this?

I bought the muffler from auto zone, its not loud and as far as i know i can pretty much do anything i want to my exhaust system except screw with the cats ( if i want to stay legal for inspection ) OH and dont put air freshener trees in your mirror its an "obstruction of view" whats the course of action i should take guys? can i fight this ticket?
If you put an aftermarket muffler on your car and it's against the law in your state of course they can charge you with it.

I've said it before, TCCoA isn't a law firm and the last thing you or your Mother need is internet legal advice. Bite the bullet and get a real lawyer, they'll take care of the lesser charges ... on the DUI, well, there is no defense.

You can expect your mailbox to fill with offers from various legal firms over the next few weeks. Just pick one and go with it.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Laws vary state to state.

Modifying your mufflers is Illegal here in California, but 99% of the police never enforce this .. they are looking for the more serious offenders :rolleyes:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
screw everything else....I'd kick your mom's ass!
Dumb as sh1t for her putting everyone else at risk on the road.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You don't have to be worry about your moms ticket if she is old enough to drive and drink then let her solve her own business what you have to be worried is because now your car is tagged as a client ticket for the next months so better take it easy in that heavy foot .

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Damn NY sux. Well you can pay a lawyer and get the DWI charge worked out. It just comes out to you WHO you want to pay in the end, the courts or a lawyer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
:zsoapbox::crazy:Shame on you guys LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,176 Posts
They probably nailed the car for every little thing they could once they suspected DUI, hence the muffler and air freshener tickets.

:zsoapbox::crazy:Shame on you guys LOL
Why? There's no excuse for driving drunk. None.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They probably nailed the car for every little thing they could once they suspected DUI, hence the muffler and air freshener tickets.

Why? There's no excuse for driving drunk. None.
Because r429460 wants to visit his mama lol
And I'm agree is not excuse driving drunk I hope she got his license suspended.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, and there's nothing better than insulting one second-hand through their child. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Cutting thru the crap and locker room insults...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ny+state+exhaust+alter+statute

It's what all us old timers know full well as a 'Discretionary enforcement Law'. When some lawmaker gets pissed off, or has enough constituents get pissed off, at some idiot running the streets showing off he puts up something like that.
The rest of the assy spends about ten seconds considering ramifications of said statute. "WTH, cant hurt. I never needed no damn glasspacks."
Make matters worse it aint enough for some busybodies ..
http://www.noisefree.org/stateord/new-york.pdf

Bite the bullet, change the muffler to something like stock for a few months then put it back on and drive careful.

This is what happens when enough ******* juveniles insist on their constitutional right to make any amount of noise they want. They screw it up for the ones with some sense.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well at least here in Houston they suspend your license for at least 3 months and make you take defensive driving plus the I don't know how is call the thing to check your breath to start your car.and I say I hope because a lot kids for drinking drivers has been killed this is not the case but I hope she learn real good this lesson.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cutting thru the crap and locker room insults...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ny+state+exhaust+alter+statute

It's what all us old timers know full well as a 'Discretionary enforcement Law'. When some lawmaker gets pissed off, or has enough constituents get pissed off, at some idiot running the streets showing off he puts up something like that.
The rest of the assy spends about ten seconds considering ramifications of said statute. "WTH, cant hurt. I never needed no damn glasspacks."
Make matters worse it aint enough for some busybodies ..
http://www.noisefree.org/stateord/new-york.pdf

Bite the bullet, change the muffler to something like stock for a few months then put it back on and drive careful.

This is what happens when enough ******* juveniles insist on their constitutional right to make any amount of noise they want. They screw it up for the ones with some sense.
Not personal but I hope this kid tractorman read this tread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts