TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Emmeritt James (EJ) was born Wednesday at 2:47pm - 6lbs, 11oz and 19" long :)

He had a slightly collapsed lung when he was born - the doctors just said 30%, but for a little guy like him, it was made our hospital worried. They aren't really equipped to handle an infant, especially one with respiratory problems. He was transferred to a hospital in Omaha Wednesday at 7pm and my dad and I followed him down. Between the initial X-Ray that was taken, the 2nd one taken around 530, and the last one taken around 8, each one showed improvement so the doctors decided to observe him and see if he continued to improve on his own. Which he did! He was taken off the oxygen hood - CPAP type thing to give him the oxygen - and was breathing "room air" as of 4am Thursday morning.

Another health issue has come up, and we're currently waiting for answers. The doctors seem to have an educated guess, but we'll see what the new few days bring.

Momma was discharged Friday morning and is doing well, though still tired and sore from the c-section. And I'm just tired :) very glad to be on vacation this week!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Congratulations and all the best. Cute little guy. So, do you send cigars to Canada? :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Congrats.. your life, as you know it, has changed forever.

BTDT x 4

·
Super Moderator
11,914 Posts
Congrats Melon!

So sorry to hear about the health issues. We went through a scare like that with our boy. But he's doing well now and I'm sure yours will continue to improve.

Best wishes. :zbeer:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Congrats Melon! I'll say a prayer for your beautiful baby!!!

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
Congrats Andy! :znanner: Keep us updated on your son.

I'm with pettyfog, life is over as you know it! :eek:

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Congrats Andy! :znanner: Keep us updated on your son.

I'm with pettyfog, life is over as you know it! :eek:

Joe
Yes Congrats !!! Got that right guys;) glad I got mine out of the way early :D But still worth every minute of it :)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Congrats, and I hope everything comes out good and he gets healthy, home, and keeping you up at night!

Nerve wracking for sure, my son was born 3 months premature (weighed around 2 pounds, closer to one pound, even less after he lost weight) and I know how it feels, but the NICU has amazing people and hopefully will be able to get him on his way home soon.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I hope that everything turns out OK. From one dad to another, there is no greater feeling then holding your new born baby boy for the first time.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone! And don't worry, I'm well aware that my life is forever changed haha. My wife keeps telling me it's for the better - I'm not sure I'm convinced yet... The SC hasn't seen any mods in months haha :D All joking aside, I know it's for the better and it will definitely be interesting.

The doctors seem to have an educated guess as to what it is wrong, we're just waiting for confirmation. Unfortunately because tests take time, it may be the end of the week before we know a whole lot. I will say that I already feel very fortunate when sitting in the NICU with ours. He's doing great and is easy on the nurses, especially with you look around at the other babies that are there.

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Congrats!
Our son was 9 lbs. 1 oz. but I got a fever and so did he, so he spent a week in NICU. I totally get what you are saying about him being easy for the nurses!
They put the hubby to work right away changing diapers :) The scrub process was kinda rough but I loved the little disposable brushes we had to use. lol.
I'm sure he's in great hands being in NICU. Hope they figure out what's going on soon.

Oh, one good thing about being in NICU - he'll learn to sleep through loud noises. Nurses told us to run the vacuum and do whatever we would normally
do while he's sleeping - he'd be used to it! Definitely a plus :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts