TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys remember me? Jameson, I use to own an Alpine Green 1996 Ford Thunderbird 4.6... well I was wanting something a little smaller and better on gas while liveing in dallas so I got a 2001 Mercury Cougar.. nice little car, but I totaled it friday, so Today I went and out a deposit on a 1998 Mark VIII... I just had to return to the MN-12, I didnt realize my mistake intill the cougar started breaking down all the time... 40k miles, rebuilt motor, and new tranny, all at dealers expense (warranty)

http://www.autolocal.com/detail.asp?CarID=5547085

thats the link to the car...

Jameson

PS. let me know what ya think!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Nice Lincoln! I remember you, sorry you had to drive a new Cougar for a while, good thing you got another MN12 (sorta).

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Glad to see you're back. I noticed your name on the newest member listing and had to see if it was you or not... congrats on the MK8 :)

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why sorda? I think its great im back into a MN-12, its an awesome, safe, reliable car... and it has TONS of options... so im pretty happy.

Jameson

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Actually it is an........

Jameson said:
Why sorda? I think its great im back into a MN-12, its an awesome, safe, reliable car... and it has TONS of options... so im pretty happy.

Jameson
MN10 or FN10,something like that but it shares alot of the same parts as the MN12.I had a 93 Mark and if you wanna learn more about it like performance and stuff here is a GREAT website just for Lincolns www.markviii.org I loved mine but it was just a real hassle finding parts for it.But when it comes to performance,it has it.
Welcome back,
Chris

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: Actually it is an........

LX-Tasy said:

MN10 or FN10,something like that but it shares alot of the same parts as the MN12.I had a 93 Mark and if you wanna learn more about it like performance and stuff here is a GREAT website just for Lincolns www.markviii.org I loved mine but it was just a real hassle finding parts for it.But when it comes to performance,it has it.
Welcome back,
Chris
FN10. i share in the sympathy for having to drive a new cougar.

on a side note, i went to pickup the calendars today and the guy at the print shop said "do you have one of those new retro tbirds too?" as i was walking out. i stopped, took a deep, calming breath, turned around and simply said no.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
TurboCat said:
I just said 'sorta' cause it's not completely a MN12
Either it is or it isn't. It's not. It's an FN10, which is similar to the mn12.

$11K isn't bad for a 98 mark...considering it was a $40K car 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
a 98' with those kinda miles go for 17,000-18,000 dollars around me, heck a local deal just SOLD a 95' with 80k on it for 9,800$

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, I saw a 97-98 Mark VIII in the paper at a Ford Dealer - was asking like $17 grand for it. I had seen it when I drove by and then found it in the paper. Just saw it once or twice and haven't been back past the dealer since. It looked really nice.

The $10,900 is a sweet deal on that. Looks like a rare deal you go. Welcome back.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
970 Posts
seabass said:
you're still ghey :D
need I say more? Hmmm....wonder if I've still got all of the incriminating Jameson Pictures? :D The corndog...ewww.

I thought we all told you that cougar was bad news! c'mon....heh

Welcome back booger!
(skrmnv8jw on AIM ring a bell?)

-jw

not a bad lookin car either...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
old times

to much like old times. boy I didnt realize how much I missed the harassment from everybody... and Seabass (still ghey) I suppose you mean "gay" and yes im out of the closet now so its all gravy baby!

Jameson

cant wait to start modding the MK8

1 - 20 of 31 Posts