TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! those who live there are blessed. We actually got pretty bad weather for florida... but the first 3 days or so were beautiful.

For what we paid for the room ($82) it was a very nice place. Certainly a younger crowd oriented place. It's supposed to only be 4 adults per room but all of the had 2 bunk beds and 2 full sized beds. I think they know its just going to be a bunch of kids gettin drunk during the summer months.

The beach was beautiful. PCB police is pretty easy to deal with. We all just brought coolers and **** down to the beach and drank down there and none of us got hassled once.

Like someone said though... PCB is no the place to go if your looking to just chill out and read a book (older folks) Panama City is definatley more geared for young loud college students. We had some guy next to us who was by himself and just looking to chill and i think he ended up leaving a few days early (and no... even with all of our loud *** partying till 3 in the morning we never once woke him up)

Finally, as some of you know... the sunshine state cause me to quit smoking. I smoked 5 or 6 packs on the first couple days/nights and ended not being able to talk without sounding like a movie preview announcer.

Cliffs: Got wasted for 7 nights at a hotel that was perfect. Weather was decent. Quit smoking. If your looking to party in the sun for a while hit PCB.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Makes ya wonder why all of those retired northerners come down here to retire... :)

Florida does rock; and while it has rained for 75% of the past week, it is still a lovely place (until the mosquito eggs hatch).

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
94T-Bird said:
Rocks because of no snow!!!!!

You have obviously never snowboarded!
:thumbsd:
I have...in Canada as well no less...and I don't retract my previous statement :tongue:

SVT2888 said:
Cali's the best we got the sun and the snow in the mountains :headbang:
Yeah, and you also have inspections :tongue: No thanks :cool:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
HanMan said:
....Certainly a younger crowd oriented place. It's supposed to only be 4 adults per room but all of the had 2 bunk beds and 2 full sized beds. I think they know its just going to be a bunch of kids gettin drunk during the summer months.

Like someone said though... PCB is no the place to go if your looking to just chill out and read a book (older folks) Panama City is definatley more geared for young loud college students. We had some guy next to us who was by himself and just looking to chill and i think he ended up leaving a few days early (and no... even with all of our loud *** partying till 3 in the morning we never once woke him up)
Younger crowd = Spring Break and Senior trips (this time of year). Oh yeah, they know how to deal with kids getting drunk, meaning the police and the hoteliers. :)

Now till Labor Day = Bubba and Bubbette escaping from Atlanta and Birmingham with the kiddies.

Labor Day to Spring Break= snow birds.

If you want to come to PCB to chill stay on the West End of the beach somewhere. Quieter, fewer hotels full of rowdy kids, closer to the old rich folks ;) . We are undergoing a "conversion" of sorts, a lot (most?) of the older mom and pop hotels are being sold off and leveled by high rise condo developers. I don't think those $82/day rooms are going to be around too many more years if they keep this up.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. Im not sure if Thomas dr is on the west or east end but there were a lot of kids around on memorial day and then it all kind of cleared out along with us. I also noticed that ALLLL the old hotels are gone and now there is a very large amount of construction. Of course if your just a regular old person construction is very ugly, but i had a good time while i was drunk trying to figure out just how the **** they get those damn huge hotels to stand on WET sand. Civil engineer at heart.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thomas Dr. is east end...

I'm just a regular old person and I don't think that construction is ugly at all. You should see what it's done to my property values. :thumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
agreed. Its the same around here to an extent. we USED to live a good ways out side of St. Louis when we bought this house at half of what we sold it for this year (10 years later). It used to be about as far west as the residential areas went. Now you can drive another 10 miles east and see all houses. Parents were very happy with the resale value, especially when it sold inside 2 weeks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts