TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that dont remember me I had a 96' black V8 in imacculate shape... that is until some lady rear-ended me. I ended up trading in my bird for a 94' RX-7.

My old baby,

My RX is doing well BTW,

Unfortunately I have some modifcations that take longer than my weekends off from work so I need a daily. I wish I still had my bird as I do miss the fun I had driving it.

I have considered returning to the nest once more, and since I havent been able to find my old TB I am looking at repairing my mum's. She owns a 94' V6(in front of my RX in the pic) but it is in rough shape. The headgaskets are blown and the hood + passenger headlight are ruined.

I was looking to see what everyone thought... I can do the head gaskets myself I'm confidant but I'm not sure how much they cost or if and I hope not but may have to lap the heads.... :(

I have been watching the boards a bit but havent been active due to work and other things.

~Kris

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I don't have any experience with the V6 rebuild you're looking at there, but I wanted to say nice RX-7! I love that body style, I wish I could afford to buy one, but alas I'm poor and in college.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4point6r0x0rz said:
Get that V-6 'Bird fixed, then drop an LS-1 + 4L60E or 4L80E in the RX-7!! You'll be in the 11's on the motor. :thumbsup:
Blasphemy! An RX-7 wouldnt be an RX-7 without a rotary.... in fact, I have a goal of putting a 3-rotor into a C5 just because so many claim the LS1 should be in the Rex. :)

Either way I will eventually find another V8 'bird for myself... I wish I could find mine.

~Kris

·
AnimeWhore
1,796 Posts
330Bullitt said:
For those that dont remember me

heh...I remember the thread you started before you bought it, and then the posts after you finally picked it up. A few people expressed some reliability concerns in the thread, so I'm glad it seems to be working out well for you.
I also remember you because you're using Pointman's old avatar. :D

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
Just pull out the V6 and install the aforementioned LS1 & 4L60E!

It's just that simple.

:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's funny because I paid for a Thunderbird membership and now it will expire before I get another 'bird. :/ I dont care, TCCoA can always use the extra monetary help... I'll just re-reg whenever I get my next 'fun bird'.

~Kris

·
Registered
817 Posts
ugh i hate the people putting the ls1 into the rex's. shyt id fly out to whereever to help you out with the rotary c5 just so i can go in history as one of the ones who pissed off all of america with their rotary corvette. plus itd be fun as hell.

and the people who say that the rotary is unreliable, well, f them. they never owned a 4r70w mated to a 4.6 then.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
it would be sweet if you could find the black bird, that was a beautiful car

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ThomasR91169 said:
ugh i hate the people putting the ls1 into the rex's. shyt id fly out to whereever to help you out with the rotary c5 just so i can go in history as one of the ones who pissed off all of america with their rotary corvette. plus itd be fun as hell.

and the people who say that the rotary is unreliable, well, f them. they never owned a 4r70w mated to a 4.6 then.
It's funny, GM actually made a prototype C2/C3 cross-over with a big *** rotary. It never went very far into production, I beleive GM had issues with sealing on the corners. It was something like a 4L 2-rotor though, pretty neat stuff.

I intend to do it some day, just because of all of those people saying the RX needs more LS1.

AlpineBird said:
it would be sweet if you could find the black bird, that was a beautiful car
As for the black bird; I wonder if I could take the VIN from it and locate the new owner. I know it went to auction, only sold for $1850 too... :( I wish I would of known.

~Kris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts