TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok.....i bought a set of wheels for my car from a guy that was takin' them off of his hotrod ('53 Chevy with a 8.8 Lincoln rear). Figured they'd fit my 94 bird. WRONG .....the rims r 5x4.5 and 5x4.75.....anyways....been reading on here what rims have the 5x4.25 pattern with a 32-40mm offset.

Isn't that offset a fwd offset??

What rims actually fit with no spacers needed?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im lookin at a set off a volvo now. Ameeican racing pro comps. 17s 5*108 with 40mm offset. Will these fit???

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It's so dumb that bolt patterns are different for cars of the same damn manufacturer. Seriously, wtf?

·
Super Moderator
17,050 Posts
It's so dumb that bolt patterns are different for cars of the same damn manufacturer. Seriously, wtf?
Well it's easy to forget that, besides the Panther based cars(which were initially due for termination well before the end of the 80s)and Fox Lincolns, Ford only used 4 lugs in the 4 x 108 pattern across the car lineup. When the Taurus came out it used the same lug spacing as the 4 but with an extra lug to create the 5 x 108, same, obviously with the MN12. The prolonged life of the Panther and cobbling together of the Fox to create the SN95 muddied the waters.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Well it's easy to forget that, besides the Panther based cars(which were initially due for termination well before the end of the 80s)and Fox Lincolns, Ford only used 4 lugs in the 4 x 108 pattern across the car lineup. When the Taurus came out it used the same lug spacing as the 4 but with an extra lug to create the 5 x 108, same, obviously with the MN12. The prolonged life of the Panther and cobbling together of the Fox to create the SN95 muddied the waters.
And Muddy Waters sang the Blues...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ok.....i bought a set of wheels for my car from a guy that was takin' them off of his hotrod ('53 Chevy with a 8.8 Lincoln rear). Figured they'd fit my 94 bird. WRONG .....the rims r 5x4.5 and 5x4.75.....anyways....been reading on here what rims have the 5x4.25 pattern with a 32-40mm offset.

Isn't that offset a fwd offset??

What rims actually fit with no spacers needed?

www.thecustomwheelshop.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts