TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to next years plans for true duals I have found some JBA headers for $295. They are the stainless/ceramic types. I've also heard a lot about just porting the stock manifolds, but doing searches on the subject mostly finds old post with no photos that are still there.
Here is the long range plan. All the add on's I do now I want to bolt up to a new engine I plan for in the future. So I know that headers aren't going to be too useful to a stock engine now, but they should last and work better than stock for another engine with more power later....
Does anyone have experience with the JBA headers? With porting stock manifolds? I have most of the tools necessary for the porting. I plan on the use of 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
*dry* It may help to know which motor you're applying them to.

RwP

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not after bling. So I can get some stock manifolds and do some porting. Is there a better year of manifolds that will fit my 4.6? And any photos of the work that's been done to them so I have a better idea of what I'm up against. I have most of the tools at the saddle shop to do the porting save for a right angle grinder.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Not after bling. So I can get some stock manifolds and do some porting. Is there a better year of manifolds that will fit my 4.6? And any photos of the work that's been done to them so I have a better idea of what I'm up against. I have most of the tools at the saddle shop to do the porting save for a right angle grinder.
Porting the stock manifolds will give you better performance than shorty headers, but saving up for some Kooks is where the power is at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts