TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. as some of you have read, I got my car broken into and my stereo was stolen. Pretty lame, right? Well.. my insurance is covering everything (ca-ching). Not only will I have enough to rebuild the stereo to my liking I talked with Dan earlier about ordering the following:

1 Accufab 75mm TB
1 Accufab Plenum
1 FRPP PI Intake Manifold
1 Borla 2.5" C/D Muffler

I'm also going to be picking up an SCT flasher so I can finally get my 02 GT MAF Installed.

I'm also going to be looking into a set of slicks, so if anybody knows a place I can get a good deal on some Hoosiers, let me know!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That sux to hear. Heaven knows how much I went through with that crap over there. You must not have Geico like I did. I still haven't even started putting mine back together even though they were able to fine all the what the AHs ripped out. After Geico figured out the depreciation of all the components and the deductible there wasn't enough to pay for the repairs and installation. One of these days I'll sit down and order the manuals so I can wire it all back in.

Glad you had a good out come from this. Only safe place I found over there was inside a garage that you can lock.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
awesome LX bird, where u buying the SCT 9100 Flasher from? Troyer Performance? Modular Depot? Both r good places, Mike Troyer is a pretty nice guy to talk to.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lonnie said:
That sux to hear. Heaven knows how much I went through with that crap over there. You must not have Geico like I did. I still haven't even started putting mine back together even though they were able to fine all the what the AHs ripped out. After Geico figured out the depreciation of all the components and the deductible there wasn't enough to pay for the repairs and installation. One of these days I'll sit down and order the manuals so I can wire it all back in.

Glad you had a good out come from this. Only safe place I found over there was inside a garage that you can lock.
Yeah... I got lucky... State Farm is paying for installation of /new/ comparable components (no depreciation) and installation.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
how much do those SCT 9100 Flashers go for?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the SCT flasher from Troyer Peformance and Modular depot go for 425, they give u 3 custom tunes, plus it holds ur stock tune which is nice, and can read and erase diagonstic codes.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Mike Troyer is a worm.
He had me banned from F150Online a year or so ago when I called him out on serveral lies about his "tuning".He ran his trap about how his "Superchips" tuning was so much better than Fordchip/Inject-Tech tuning..how his was 50-state legal and theirs was not..blah,blah,blah...
Now it's funny..he acts like he was one of the people resonsible for the SCT tuning coming out-when we all know where it came from.
Buy your tuners from Modular Depot..Ken,Brandon,and Gene don't fill your ears full of **** to try to sound like they're the kings of tuning.
JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
can u get the 3 custom tunes with modular depot as well? What lies did u call mike out on johnny?

·
3,232 Posts
wilson502 said:
can u get the 3 custom tunes with modular depot as well? What lies did u call mike out on johhny?
You can get "custom" tunes if you want to call them that from any SCT dealer.
To be truly a "custom" tune-the car has to be on the dyno.

All of my posts were deleted from F150online-the webmaster there made sure of that,along with edits to posts that I was questioning.
The power of free parts has alot of power on that board...if you speak any negative of their "preferred" vendors-you get banned.
JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
so dont trust mike troyer? A lot of ppl seem very happy with the SCT 9100 tunes they get for their F150s, i havent seen anything negative.

·
3,232 Posts
wilson502 said:
so dont trust mike troyer? A lot of ppl seem very happy with the SCT 9100 tunes they get for their F150s, i havent seen anything negative.
You won't see anything negative.Incase you missed the point...Troyer "runs" that board.If you post a negative-it's deleted as soon as it's posted.If the poster complains..they get banned.It's that simple.
And those that get a good result-he does like another vendor we all know here,and has them post-whore for him-over,and over,and over again..
JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
hmm i do remember searching theorugh the boards, an ur posts got deleted and they were talkin bout u, no wonder i couldnt find ur posts! anyway, so modular depot does the best job then for the SCT 9100 or tunes?

·
3,232 Posts
wilson502 said:
hmm i do remember searching theorugh the boards, an ur posts got deleted and they were talkin bout u, no wonder i couldnt find ur posts! anyway, so modular depot does the best job then for the SCT 9100 or tunes?
I wouldn't buy it from anybody else.
JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
thx for the info johnny, considering i believe u do have the fastest NA NPI car i believe. Anyway, what was the dispute between u and mike troyer about specifically, i cant really search the boards and look cause ur posts r deleted.

·
3,232 Posts
wilson502 said:
thx for the info johnny, considering i believe u do have the fastest NA NPI car i believe. Anyway, what was the dispute between u and mike troyer about specifically, i cant really search the boards and look cause ur posts r deleted.
Danner's actually a few hundredths quicker than me right now.
I remember this much(it was over a year ago).
I questioned Troyer on his tactics of half-truths,and hs constant issue of not answering questions online.His answer(which is a common tactic of somebody that is clueless about what they're doing-sounds familar around here too eh?) was to tell you to call him.He woulndn't even reply to emails.People that do that are only hiding something,and he didn't like it when I called him out on that.He also spread flase info about other chip vendors to make his product look better.

JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
he seemed to answer all my ?s about the tuners and stuff, i got a good vibe from him, if what u say is true, ill buy through MD, but the one thing MD doesnt sell is the software and cable like Troyer performance does, itd be a good idea to get the software and cable from Troyer performance if i need to get a custom email tune later on.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My understanding is that the SCT tuner comes with 3 tunes on it. There is a cable available to connect to your computer so that you can down load additional tunes from e-mail. if you want a new tune, the vendor (MD) alters your file accordingly and sends the new file to you by e-mail and you down load it to the flasher. It will over-write one of the three tunes already on the flasher. You need a proprietary cable to connect to you computer and the flasher, and I believe the cable is an additional $75 over the price of the flasher. I'm not sure if the vendors are charging for the new files.

I don't know what software Troyer is telling you he is giving you, but the SCT software package available so that you can access the parameters of the EEC and set your own tune values, without the need for a vendor to program the file, is the Racer's package and is considerably more than $400.

Here is the link to SCT's Product Page which describes fully what the SCT Extreme Tuner will do. This is what all the SCT dealers are selling.

I would highly recommend the guys at Modular Depot. Some of the guys over there were involved in the early testing of the product. SCT gave them the initial rights to sell it. They were the first to start taking orders before the product was even available for shipping.

-mike

1 - 20 of 45 Posts