TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that 94+ birds have a computor that will by pass a chip. not right away but, after time. is this true? if so why buy a chip. if it is not true why have a 2 ford mechanics tell me this?

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Huh....

Well that's one I haven't heard before. I know our computers "learn" but I really do not see how they can by-pass a chip that you install unless your computer is more alive than you think!

Get a chip from Dennis, plug it in, and enjoy burning the rubber off your tires.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
YOUNOGO said:
I have been told that 94+ birds have a computor that will by pass a chip. not right away but, after time. is this true? if so why buy a chip. if it is not true why have a 2 ford mechanics tell me this?
Ford pays poorly. most ford techs are not very good without the ford service manual. for the most part they are just bolt-turners. They are often mistaken for knowing anything.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What the heck is a j-mod?

I guess I am new to all this. Some one told me to get a -j-mod. Or have a chip done by Jerry. What the heck does that mean?

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Re: What the heck is a j-mod?

funderbird said:
I guess I am new to all this. Some one told me to get a -j-mod. Or have a chip done by Jerry. What the heck does that mean?
The mod is a little something that can be done to the 4R70W trannys in the 94-97 cars, check out the tech articles.
The chip is no longer done by ..... but can be done by Dennis, Dom or Pete. Check them out.

Joe

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome here if you are new. I'm bored so I will give you all the info (also just because I like to).

Like Rodeo Joe said Jerry is the guy who helped point many people in the right direction for some tbird mods. Now that they are here you can get a hold of the info on this website. The programs he did are now done by these people for chips...
Dennis: http://www.reinhartautomotive.com/
Dom: http://dmann.org/~rff/

The "J-mod" is a shift kit. Forget B&M and Transgo. Check out the first three articles here: http://tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#
The second one is the easy one to get the idea of what you want to do (thats for a 4.6 anyway). The third one tells how to mod the valve body for it.

These are some of the best mods out there for our cars no matter how many other mods you have.

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I havent heard of Pete before this thread. Can anyone give some info.

Such as Dennis, I know he has a nice MarkVIII. he frequents other boards and is easy to get ahold of. He shares much info like the Supercharged Cobra engine going in the MarkVIII he was working on for someone.

Now with Dom I'm not too sure but didnt he own a Tbird a couple years ago. A matter of fact wasnt he the one Seabass would refere people to when they wanted to hear the exhaust setup that seabass has online. And he now owns a mustang?

Well if I am correct about Dom then good. I like knowing background on this stuff. So thats Dennis and Dom, where is Pete from that he is now doing "Inject-Tech" chips? Has he owned a MN12 before? Does he own a Mustang or something and frequent those boards?

I'm just wondering here. I'm not saying I dont think he can do good because if "J" has tought and given someone permission to do Inject Tech chips they must be pretty good (with the acception of one person, JOE!)

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Shawn.....

you know where "the man with no name"' worked? Well Pete
still works there.

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Also....

Pete is a pretty popular guy over at V6 Power. If anyone has any EEC questions he's right on it. He's got a V6 Mustang that just turned some good numbers at the track. If I'm not mistaken, I think he goes to the tuning sessions also. Shawn, how have you made out with your chip problem from Joe? Any luck?

Joe

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Pete is a great guy, Really knows alot about the V6's for sure, and a great deal about the V8's. I love his V6 mustang (4.2L swap), 12.65 in the 1/4! with 11psi procharger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts