TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accepted a new job at a dealership - just off interstate 10 in "the heights" I will be working for Tomie Vaughn Ford...looking for an apartment nearby- anybody familiar with the area? I will be there March 1st

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes Houston is always under construction that's why is too many delays in traffic around 610,290 and i-10 all the time.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I accepted a new job at a dealership - just off interstate 10 in "the heights" I will be working for Tomie Vaughn Ford...looking for an apartment nearby- anybody familiar with the area? I will be there March 1st
Swanky area, be prepared to shell out some cash for your apartment. But as others have said, the traffic here is terrible! I work in the Texas Medical Center and it takes me about 40 minutes to drive 18 miles from Pearland, and I work the night shift!

What are you going to be doing there?

Also, check out the Houston chapter, maybe someone there has more suggestions:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=1679657#post1679657

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I arrived today, nice place, I am in Katy - everything near work is expensive, this is too, but the area is better...hopefully.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
That's where my Mother is living currently. She likes it there.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Is the current ~25 mile commute something you can't deal with on a day to day basis while looking around the area?

Obviously it sounds like traffic sucks, and generally my commute has been ~10 miles and against traffic (traffic in opposite direction...standstill, my direction, non existent), and for the last 6 years or so commute is 30 feet from bedroom to office, so I might not be the best at gauging it.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the current ~25 mile commute something you can't deal with on a day to day basis while looking around the area?

Obviously it sounds like traffic sucks, and generally my commute has been ~10 miles and against traffic (traffic in opposite direction...standstill, my direction, non existent), and for the last 6 years or so commute is 30 feet from bedroom to office, so I might not be the best at gauging it.
I leased a place for a year, so the commute just is...no reason to secon guess anything at this point

1 - 9 of 9 Posts