TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Good looking board you guys have here.

Can anyone tell me if the Electric seat & Power windows are on the same fuse?

I have no power to the windows or seat, but all else seems to be working ok. I checked all the fuses and they seem to be intact.

Can someone advise?

I have some other problems too, such as the check engine light is on & the Speedometer is not working at all.

Other than that, it seems to run pretty strong.

Allegedly has 84K on it

·
8,239 Posts
welcome and good luck with your car, pull the check engine code with an OBD2 scanner and that will tell you what is going on.

JH

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Welcome to TCCoA !

If you have ruled out a fuse problem with the window/seat, maybe the switches that control them have dirty contacts. You can try some electrical contact spray cleaner on the wire connectors.

Places like AutoZone will scan your car for free. Make sure you write down the specific code numbers that they tell you, and post them back here.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I dont have my manuals handy here, but it's possible. the fuse panel is down by the drivers foot area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW - Thats very helpful. I checked all the fuses, but its a little cramped for me under there and I never saw the #18 & 19. I bet they are both missing or burnt out.

It looks to be a different type of fuse from the diagram, I'll have to check this out in the daylight.

Thanks much - Im sure I'll have some more questions soon. What a great board, thanks for the info/welcome!

Jay - Las Vegas

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this problem with my 94 a few years back. One of the seat switches was stuck on and is also killed the trunk release and one or two other things. There is a "circuit Protector" for the seats which goes open when there's a short or high current load(like the stuck seat switch driving the seat all one way and keeping power on the motor). I believe that the owner's manual says what's connected to each fuse or circuit protector

It's one of the metal cans on the fuse block inside. If there is nothing pluged in to 18 and 19, then you'll need to get new ciruit protectors first, and maybe that's all it is.

The metal can will get very hot when the circuit protector is activated. (I found this out the hard way). I found the problem by disconnecting the seat power connector, and then after a few seconds the other stuff would work again. I then took the seat switches out and found that the bezel around the switch was mis-aligned and had jammed the switch in.

If both your the power seats and the windows are not working, then it could be a problem internal to the fuse block itself. This would be more difficult to find and fix.

I hope this helps.

Stan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is more extremely helpful information. i am not a mechanic, but know my way around a car and electrical stuff. i do find it a little odd that these two fuses would be blown. best case scenario right now is replacing those plugs and everything works. however, the plugs might have blown for a reason (opem switch as you suggested), so I'll replace them one at a time, and see what happens. your fuse box info too is very valuable.

i cant believe how much great info I have gotten from your board already.

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the fuses for the lock and seat are missing

is this a standard fuse or is it a part i need to pick up at a dealer or parts store. I went to the local Autozone and they looked at me like I had three heads.

It is fuse(s) #18 (Seat Lock) and #19 (Power Window) on the diagram in an above post.

I have become a big fan of this board (very informative and helpful people). I hope you can help me out one more time....then I won't trouble you again!

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I am not sure if you can get them at a local parts store.

If you are not in a big hurry to get them, just give Dan Newman a call at Joe Cooper Ford. The toll free number is on TCCoA's home page. You can probably receive them in 3 or 4 days.

He can usually beat most Dealer's prices, even if you add in shipping costs.

Plus, he is a great guy to deal with !!!

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
According to the diagram, they look like 20 Amp fuses. Ask your local Ford dealer if they are standard or Ford issue only. If they are standard, get them from who ever sells them cheapest. If they are Ford only, Call Dan or check his site, www.FordPartsHQ.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts