TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought another clean 95 car for cheap due to shuddering convertor and my other 95 is giving up its trans for now. I have already started mocking this kit up. It will use the stock cast iron manifolds in the stock position for a few reasons. Less work you never have to remove a manifold to head bolt and the stock exhaust can be bolted back on in an hour or so. This design will be a true bolt on kit. There will be no hacking or drilling on the chassis needed. It will retain AC and PS with no modification to the AC and PS lines. No modification to the coolant system including hoses except I'm converting to a pusher fan for room. My test mule will be a E-flow rayjay turbo with a 1.0 ar exhaust. The e-flow is clost to a .96 ar T4 exhaust housing with a p-trim wheel. Soon enough after a little R&D with this Rayjay I will pickup a new Master Power turbo to use. Here's what I have going on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Oh, zowee, I hope the 'Bath Towel Heat Shielding' is included in the kit!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
theres always the option of exhaust wrap and a turbo balnket or shield. Im going to be building a heat shield anyways just for the heck of it. Running the turbo like this is how most of the turbomustang guys do theres on the 4.6Ls. And no the blanket is not included as that blanket was to protect the radiator from getting banged up. Actually once i start work Ill be using cardboard to cover the rad to prevent damage. Im going to be using a pusher fan that flows the same CFM as the stock fan it will mount in front of the condensor. liek i said this is R&D and Im nice enought olet you in on the R&D details as they come up. cars alread yin the air and Im already working on the hotside. I'm just takin ga quick water brea kfro mthe heat outside. relocating the battery would be more of a hassle than is needed. There is also alot more wiring and a high current fuse box not to mention a plastic coolant de-gas tank right there that would cause issues. I looked at every open available spot on the car and this is the best Ive came up with. If the temps are an issue I'll be the one to find out not a guy that IF I built him one would bolt on to his car and have problems. Like I said this does not trash the car what so ever as it is completely reversible.

i will repeat again this is a kit under R&D if it fails the kit gets thrown in a scrap bin or cut up for another crazy project and the car will return to stock or back to the drawing board?

·
Super Moderator
17,048 Posts
If someone can install a turbo they can move a battery.

Turbo mustang guys can get away with mounting the turbo between the engine and rad. because the sn95 engine bay has much more space there. The mustang guys would also have to move their coolant tank since it hangs off the radiator(where the turbo is), so thats no a biggie if we have to move ours.

Try spell check btw.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct but many turbomustang guys have also converted to psuher fans for space for very large frame turbochargers. How about you start building a kit and you put yours where the battery is and we will see who gets done first? You game? I'll say again its not a good choice as you have a plastic degas tank and wiring galore. not to mention more hot side lenght is needed to get into that area and you will never get a big enough downpipe out without relocating the wiring harness and fuse box as well as coolant line modification. Trust me it sounds simple to say "put it where the battery is IDK maybe it is go and pull your battey and try and stuff a turbo there come back and let me know how your R&D went?"

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry only one welder here lol Oh and I messed with relocation of the degas tank and the harness/mega fuse box the idea here is if one wanted to convert back to NA for any reason like selling the car all you will have to do is drop the hotside from the car and re-install stock fan and good to go. What will you lose with the kit Im building? A little bit of ground clearance approx 2-2 1/2" adn I will be R&D this car on some rought roads to see if I bang the hotside up. It may be an issue with a lowered car however depending on the cars use/drop and stiffness of suspension will play a part.

·
Registered
742 Posts
You dont need to get an attitude, I'm not trying to argue.
No, that's this guy's problem. You'd think he'd just shut up and finish at least one of these projects just so the rest of us would shut up....but no, in addition to the horror show under his hood, we also get to receive sage advice from one of the most egotistical idiots I think I've ever seen on a message board.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get a flippin life man. My god go sells some parts alright

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
wow.. someone piss in someones corn flakes?

·
Registered
742 Posts
get a flippin life man. My god go sells some parts alright
My God, go discover the meaning of 'Hooked on Phonics'....and leave the welding to the professionals. Last time I saw fabricating as sloppy as your work is, my welding instructor was trying to scare children during Halloween, waving around a bent-up pipe with butchered welds just like yours, after he paid a drunk and blindfolded 3-year-old suffering from parkinson's disease to weld up some pipe for him.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i only took a piss in his corn flakes one time and one time only he wouln't get over it. Anyways work continues. I want thuis car done by next saturday for the dyno day were having I doubt it will roll the dyno as all I have for tuning is an fmu but I want to strech it's legs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i only took a piss in his corn flakes one time and one time only he wouln't get over it. Anyways work continues. I want thuis car done by next saturday for the dyno day were having I doubt it will roll the dyno as all I have for tuning is an fmu but I want to strech it's legs.

No, I hope you make it do 'Dyno Day', every tuning shop can use some comedic relief from an engine explosion....

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

No, I hope you make it do 'Dyno Day', every tuning shop can use some comedic relief from an engine explosion....
Actually the tuner I deal with is nation wide known. Know's what hes doing and wouldn't risk my motor on the dyno unless I gave him permission to blow it up. Here was my truck on the dyno and it survived. Oh and more progress pics it's hot as a mofo outside but it feels good. Drinking gallons of water. The turbo I'm using will probally spool late anyways which would be better than an instant hit from an eaton blower.
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i127.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/nicalizel/dynoday1-31-09010.flv">

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The pipe running under the K member is just thrown up there for perspective of how the hotside is going to be routed. I'm actually goin gto be squashing a 2 1/2" pipe into an oval 1 1/2" thick? For added ground clearance. Then the downpipe will consist of a 3" pipe sqaushed into a oval 2" thick pipe and they will tuck up real tight to the K.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The pipe running under the K member is just thrown up there for perspective of how the hotside is going to be routed. I'm actually goin gto be squashing a 2 1/2" pipe into an oval 1 1/2" thick? For added ground clearance. Then the downpipe will consist of a 3" pipe sqaushed into a oval 2" thick pipe and they will tuck up real tight to the K.
Yep, I bet prospective customers will enjoy those exclusive rope pipe brackets.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.