TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost out the door to head to LA. I am gonna compete in Mazda's "Rev it up" challenge. Wish me luck!

PJ

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm back! Alas, I am not the best driver in LA county. 1200 people will have raced by the end of this day. When I left, I was about #11 in the Novices division, but I am sure I am way lower now. Overall, I wasn't even cose to being on the leaderboard.

Anyhow, the new Mazda 6 is one cool little sedan! No brake fade for one... But it handles very forgivingly. I'm sad that I only got to drive the tiptronic automatic, and not the manual. The car has enough balls for its size, but the auto tranny needs some tuning. I HATED racing in an automatic, but I still faired alright. The car is confortable and overall, I love it. On top of that, it was taking quite a beating from everyone there without breaking a sweat.

Well, for 40 bucks, I had a blast. I got some souvenirs and got a chance to look at some cool stuff, including the RX-8-- sat in it again, this time the back seat as well. It's nice, but you feel like captain Nemo in a sub once you're closed into the rear.

PJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts