TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand when there is talk of war, all the gas moguls think they can just gouge up the gas prices. this is so damn unfair. Every time there is a threat of war, they take advantage of the hard working people to make a buck. I went to the station this morning, and the 89 octane was $1.93 and was supposed to be passed 2 dollars by the weekend. WTF!:ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot: :ztoohot:

·
Registered
104 Posts
And it's probably the EXACT same gas they had had yesterday....I doubt they even had a new truckload come in or anything....But of course they can rise the price without thinking about that.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yea, it's ridiculous that the price went up that fast, right now it's sitting at 1.78 a gallon, and it's probably gonna rise....grrrrrrrrrrrrr I cant afford this crap....

*pulls octane plug*

·
Registered
552 Posts
What about this;

€ 1,15 a liter!!!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
haha... you think that is bad

One of my friends went to Wal-Mart to get gas, he paid like 1.65 for 89, and then went into Wal-Mart to pay for it. He came out 15-20 minutes later and the gas had went up to 1.70. Good Ol' Wally World...

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
its around 1.90 something for the good stuff in ohio ...

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Re: haha... you think that is bad

JJanney said:
One of my friends went to Wal-Mart to get gas, he paid like 1.65 for 89, and then went into Wal-Mart to pay for it. He came out 15-20 minutes later and the gas had went up to 1.70. Good Ol' Wally World...
Don't blame Wal-Mart blame Murphy USA!!!

I seen $1.71 for 87 yesterday at the local station, well I drove 10 miles farther to fill up!

·
Registered
709 Posts
well

DHTower said:
And it's probably the EXACT same gas they had had yesterday....I doubt they even had a new truckload come in or anything....But of course they can rise the price without thinking about that.
of course it's the same gas in the ground. if a pawn shop has a gold ring in stock and the value of gold goes up are you telling me they can't change the price of the ring?? the value of gas just like the value of any resource changes rapidly. If the gas was high when they take it out of the ground but doesnt make it to a station till 5 days later and then the price drops should they sell that gas at a high price?? because its the same gas?

just my 2 cents.

Jake

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
eh... I dont care. I dont pay for gas yet :) As of right now i say hoo rah to high gas prices. Movement of money helps the economy. Im giddy for war too. But not for american death so we should just kick their *** with a bomb named Saddam.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
gas just went up today

I had to raise the price on 87 octane from 1.499 to 1.559 today. I am glad I have a beater that gets greet gas mileage for a truck. I drive my little truck 80-85 mph on the highway and it has plenty of power I get 23-24 mpg. It is a little 93 nissan pickup 4 cilinder 5 speed with ac and powerstearing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
gas

i was watching the news today and they were comparing gas prices around the world and baghdad is $0.16 per liter (that's 16 cents). that works out to be $0.6048 per gallon (these prices are in canadian dollars).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: gas just went up today

blown96bird said:
I had to raise the price on 87 octane from 1.499 to 1.559 today. I am glad I have a beater that gets greet gas mileage for a truck. I drive my little truck 80-85 mph on the highway and it has plenty of power I get 23-24 mpg. It is a little 93 nissan pickup 4 cilinder 5 speed with ac and powerstearing.

HA. I get 25 in the city and i dont have to deal wit driving a beater.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
No crap talk about killing the economy. All this "tearer threat high" and other crap on the news is going to kill everything. Is there a real good reason they should raise it other then to make a friggen buck.

I agree

quoted from soop
The price of crude has only risen 1%. There are also huge reserves ready for a shortage. There is no reason for the increase. It's flat out the oil companies in North America gouging under threat of a war.
I got to drive down to see my girl this weekend and its good 2hr drive. Wonder what thats going to cost me with the 3.73's in the back end.

Later,
jay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts