TCCoA Forums banner

Imitating the Borla Catback

730 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Warlockguitarman 
#1 ·
I want the Borla catback because it sounds good and supposedly has no drone, but i dont feel like paying all that money for the catback. So i was just gonna go to my exhaust guy and have him bend me up a catback and throw the borlas on the back. But does anybody know what part number the Mufflers off the catback are? I wanna replicate it exactly so it sounds like the same thing, especially since drone is a major issue for me.

unless i have a part number for those muffs, my guy is gonna try and get me to use his wierd mufflers i've never heard of before, hes one of those people.

#2 ·
u can check out summit racing or jegs, im sure they have borla mufflers in there. or even borlas website. Or u can buy the mufflers, then give it to the muffler shop, and say fab up a catback and put these on.

#3 ·
Borla Cat-back for Ford Thunderbird
I believe the mufflers used in that kit are the Borla Turbo mufflers. Borla Turbo and Borla XS mufflers are the same (speak with Dan Newman for more information). In fact, Dan Newman is selling Borla mufflers, so you may wish to contact him and get the low down. :)

#4 ·
First DO NOT buy from Borla. Save $200 and buy from here SP Motorsports .

Second, for the $800 I spent, im kind of disappointed. The sound is good, not too much drone except for ~2k for like another 100 rpm of so. For the same amount of money, I could have made a custom 2.5" exhaust, 2.5" Hi-flow cats from magnaflow, and 2 mufflers from Borla. If you have the money and just want something bolt on, you'll be happy. For me, I'm getting headers and want to go to a 2.5" setup for way cheaper. Then again, one of my buddies works at a Midas and I can make any exhaust I want :D

#6 ·
The Borla XS mufflers are only available from Muffler shops. The Turbo mufflers are the exact same muffler. The muffler shops just wanted their own line so they are embossed "XS" and instead of "Turbo". Here are your prices:
40665 ~> 2.5" Single In/Out ~> $175.71
40670 ~> 3" Single In/Dual Out ~> $243.87
40659 ~> 2.5" Single Offset ~> $138.44
(plus UPS)

Once we become a Borla distributor, the prices will go down. They have a $7500.00 buy-in first. Ouch.
*these are the non-discounted prices. Contact Dan Newman for more info!*
This all comes form an E-mail 3.5 months ago, so it is best to contact Dan for updated prices.

#8 ·
sorry dude, unless he has more than 2 borlas he wont have them anymore, i bought them a while back from him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.