TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Reinhart 4R installed last friday at his shop in Orange Park. All I have to say is :znanner: It is outstanding. I babied it for a few days just to be safe and got on it from a stop yesterday and left stripes:D The trans, built to Jerrys spec is built with all the springs and with a modified stock convertor. I do beleive it is an 11.25 inch. It is just a little looser than stock and is quite noticeable. Pick up is greatly improved, it revs quicker and stays there. With all the springs in and with my chip it still chirps second gear and redline while not giving you whiplash at low RPM. I have been through enough hub bearings in the past two years to not miss breaking the tires loose at lower RPM. Of course the trac lok going in soon may curb this. Also i had the Dynotech DS installed. After checking out the OE 'shaft, it is very heavy, the Dynotech unit is light and way too purdy to put on the car, oh well. Almost all of the driveline vibration is gone, except for the warped front rotors. Im not afraid to try to peg the speedo chasing the WRXs anymore. Dennis' shop and mechanics are badazz, they went right to work on my car and i was out in about 4 hours. They worked together almost like they had ESP. They knew exactly what to do and what the other had to do. I hate to take my car to a shop because it takes too long for a mechanic to get to my car. I wish Dennis' shop was closer to home or i would go there more often when i needed work done. So you guys probably want a grand total...just under 2600 for everything...trans, flexplate, DS, and labor to install. Also, go ahead and get a new trans mount, mine was in two pieces, i forgot how nicely hte car actuually drove with a "1 piece" mount in.

joseph

·
Registered
488 Posts
AWESOME MAN!
thas good newz

my transmission just took a dump on me yesterday......:( :( (right after my 100,000 miles post)

and i am thinkin about buying a tranny from dennis

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how close are you to Jacksonville? Dennis charged 300 for the install and if you go to the shop, i dont think you will have to worry about sending the core back. PS..get the dynotech shaft too and get a new trans mount..trust me.

joseph

·
Registered
488 Posts
cool thanx man. i still have to get the money tho. i live in mid western georgia. its about a 6 hour drive i am guessing. thas not so bad.

i have a higher stall torque converter and i dont think its torn up. and the accumulators and springs are all new so if they are ok, he could re use them. i guess. im gon have to talk to him about it.

i DO plan on gettin the car to the shop somehow, lettin him do it, then drivin back. that would be great. ijust hope it doesnt get too $$$$$$xpensive. i only have a thousand i can spend right now.
and i was going to race big scott at the sshs november 8th:(

·
Registered
610 Posts
That sucks...

Crap happens at the worst time.

Not sure if I am going to that or not. Will have to wait and see.

rossf83+1 said:
cool thanx man. i still have to get the money tho. i live in mid western georgia. its about a 6 hour drive i am guessing. thas not so bad.

i have a higher stall torque converter and i dont think its torn up. and the accumulators and springs are all new so if they are ok, he could re use them. i guess. im gon have to talk to him about it.

i DO plan on gettin the car to the shop somehow, lettin him do it, then drivin back. that would be great. ijust hope it doesnt get too $$$$$$xpensive. i only have a thousand i can spend right now.
and i was going to race big scott at the sshs november 8th:(

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is, but you get what you pay for, this may be the last transmission i will ever need. the 4R was 1595, flexplate was 50, DS was 480, labor was 300.

joseph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts