TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there. well i was wondering what u guys think. im about to do 4:10s and since im droping gas tank to do a new pump i was wondering if i should maybe do a new driveshaft? since im going through the trouble to cut my exhaust off and all that. i hurd the stock one may not hold up. i was going to see what u guys think.. i seen some on SCP. let me know.
thx.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well..i rather not have to worry about it...and what about the track and highway?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was kidding with you...I would assume you'd want to be able to drive 85 safely. There's some good information in the tech articles about driveline critical speed. I had a shaft made for mine, because I'm running 4.56's, and trap over 100. Last thing I want is a driveshaft letting go, especially with the placement of the gas tank in these cars.

Mike

edit: by the way, where in Ohio are you?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
massillon. canton. im doin like alota stuff all at once and i was thinkin while im at it. might as well. any other places u know of that sells them? where do u usually run your car? since where pretty close.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
yes you could even hunt for a 93 mark 8 one-piece shaft and have it high speed balanced. when i had 3.73's it did vibrate after 85mph but i went with a mark ds and had it high speed balanced and index'd and it never vibrated ever again..

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kk prolly alot less for once of those huh?

·
Registered
875 Posts
massillon. canton. im doin like alota stuff all at once and i was thinkin while im at it. might as well. any other places u know of that sells them? where do u usually run your car? since where pretty close.
I run mostly at National Trail....about 30 miles east of Columbus. As far as the shaft, I had mine made at Columbus Joint and Clutch for about $225. 3 1/2" steel shaft balanced to 8000 RPM.

Mike

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
sooo uhh seems like i should try the yard huh? ha

so a mark8 what years does that apply. and one peice.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and do i have to do anything or does it bolt right up?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so 93 driveshaft.. and your bird slip yoke? and what new ujoints?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ha k..any1 else do this?
thx porkchop, u allways help!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha baller. what if the ''shaft'' doesnt come with bolts? could i use my stockers?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
and doin the u joints. that ant hard is it?
anyone know if u have to change over slip yoke??
plz and thx u. ha.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.