TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to use Don Lasota when we were still doing a 2 valve.

Now that we have a 4 valve, I am rethinking this...it may be best to have a TCCOA member or affiliate do the tune.

We are putting a 97 Mark viii engine in a 95 Cougar.
We made gearing changes.
We made a converter change.
We are j-modded as firm as possible.
We will be land speed and drag racing.

Rocketdog

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
I would still go with Don,as none of us who have a PRP will do that, we would get in trouble if we write a program for someone. You need a dealer's license for that. :)

Don is a member here, iirc.

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
That's not Don, but Decipha is a long time member.

·
The Parts Guy
7,682 Posts
I would still go with Don,as none of us who have a PRP will do that, we would get in trouble if we write a program for someone. You need a dealer's license for that. :)

Not to mention the legal ramifications after the EPA crackdown.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I had no intention of buying a time from other than an approved source.

Thank you, I will get back together with him. I like him, he has been helpful and patient with me.

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
You can go the hard route, and buy don's book and the quarterhorse or sct programming software and tune it yourself. :)

Reactions: supergordo

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,207 Posts
Don wrote the tune for SuperBirdo. I think he did a great job.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know that is a good point that I should have made as I have spoken to Don a few times and he even offered some 3rd party solutions to common issues.

I do intend to get the SCT software and the manuals Don wrote this winter, and teach myself or go to a class for the software.
I think Don gives a break if you buy it all at once.(editable tune on the house.)
I just don't have the time or the money right now. I have an xcal 3
In the interest of getting things moving, I will get an emailed tune from Don for the time being.

I have my PCM code/strategy info for him now.

RD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts