1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I got this covered

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=634433#post634433

I need some bass to offset the volume.

I mean really cheap subs, something that can take 200wrms. As both subs will be fed by my remaining 401S.

What is the best/most reliable cheap sub out there?

Has anyone else bought some POS Subs before they can reccommend

100 shipped. Max

Thanks

Dave

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
have you tried lightning audio? supposedly they give punch performance for a jensen price, haven't tried them personally, but i have installed a couple of sets in friends vehicles, and so far haven't f'd up, and both of them are hard on their speakers, they sound decent for the price, you oughta try one of the LA 12" subs in a wally world box and see what it sounds like, if it sucks, you still can return it and get your money back, lol, just something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
i'll tell ya one thing.....you'd be pretty hard pressed to destroy a Cerwin-Vega Vega 12 with that 401S......of course, unless you clip the hell out of it for like 5 minutes straight......but that thing has one very beefy 3" voice coil (something almost non-existent in mainstream subwoofers now a days)........you should still be able to find them on Ebay for around $65-70 + shipping

·
Registered
524 Posts
Infinity Reference series, 59.99 at Circuit city. 1 12" hit nice in my bird. 350wrms. 200 will be plenty.

More geard SQ sub also.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
You can get a Kicker CompVR 15 for about $100-115 shipped. I just run a single sub. Easier in my opinion. Especially since my amp runs at either 4-2-1 ohms without switching anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Contrary to what most people say, I suggest using a Pioneer TS-W300R. It can handle 600w max and 150w rms. I have an older version of this sub that I've been using for 2 years in a 2.5 cu ft ported enclosure and let me tell ya, it blows away anything I've heard for the price I paid for it. The bass response is excellent. Very nice sounding subs, and they can take the power perfectly fine. Deffinately not an overrated sub. I picked mine up on sale 2 years ago for $63 cnd. The new verson generally goes for $110 cnd, or about $75-$80 american. These can be bought almost anywhere too. IMO, its a nice compromise between SQ and SPL, as long as its in the right box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts