TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 94 bird is doing the whole shudder thing i'm sure u guys are familiar :D, but anyway i've read on here that the trans and tc together use about 12 quarts of the stuff, i've been to autozone, walmart, advance auto parts, and still can only find it by the quart, do they make a bigger container of it, can i order it from somewhere online, i just find it hard to believe that i'm going to have to buy 12 individual containers of this, and then the one time i was about to just crack down and buy it like that the store only had 9 quarts in stock, someone please help :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,152 Posts
I did some looking around for gallon sized containers a year or so ago and had no luck locally. But then I figured for the price you pay for a quart at Wal Mart you're probably better off than buying a gallon from another place with the higher markup. $40 really isn't that bad for fresh tranny fluid... however I'd recommend dropping the pan and changing the filter and cleaning the pan magnet while you're at it too.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yeap I got fully synthtic it's like 5.18 a gallon know it's gone up a tad still cheaper than the parts stores

Robert

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Certainly by the Gallon the way to go for Motor Oil or in a Commercial Application but manipulating a gallon jug at home & finely measuring Tranny Fluid ??? - Gimme a case of Motorcraft Quarts anytime.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
? I used the motorcraft stuff for years. The synthetic stuff at the same cost is a better deal by far. I recently switched.
Alan

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Certainly by the Gallon the way to go for Motor Oil or in a Commercial Application but manipulating a gallon jug at home & finely measuring Tranny Fluid ??? - Gimme a case of Motorcraft Quarts anytime.
thats what another empty quart bottle is for....the ones with the sight glass on the side.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts

Give me Wynn’s® Synthetic Blend ATF by the pail, Works great for me & TM & RobertP :D And there is not a darn thing wrong with selling it like he does :cool:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Damn Mervcon V IS getting pretty darn expensive ~! - You'd think it was Syn already at this price... Obviously I need to consider Syn next go around on all 3 Fords I have around here... Thanx all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts