TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can chalk this one under lessens learned. Well last week I bought some sparkplugs on line from carparts.com. Well I entered the correct information for my 93 3.8 cat. I went with the NGK v-power and in one week later I got my order so I decided to chage out my otherone's it all went smooth, so I thought. Well I ran the engine and had the dumb ticking noise. Whick I later found out to be a loose plug. Fixed that then torched down all the rest. The car ran fine at Idle then I drove the car well 1st, 2nd were fine then came 3rd the car began to putter a long as if it was running too too rich. So I went back to my old plug and worked fine. I think carparts sent me the wrong plugs. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
I've learn to purchase all plug at the store screw the online thing. Especially when the web site is partners with JC WHITNEY...........

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a feeling it was those plugs, glad you found out. As I said before, after changing my plugs I also got rid of the ticking noise. The only differance was that the plugs that the previous owner had in there where the right one so I'm thinking the plugs or plugs where defective. I think your plugs where also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts