TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was gonna get a super coupe but the guy backed out of the deal. after getting over the anger, i headed for the hobby shop. i found an ofna violator. it has the .32 big block. supposed to have 3 horse power. im still in the late stages of break in.

i ran it yesterday and it was like the snow got to it. i ran off the road and it threw snow like crazy. it was awesome. it would just glitch once in a while. so today i got this....

wow what a difference! when i put the receiver in, i zip tied a ballon around it. now a little water or snow won't hurt it. it really ran great today. no glitches and it did not mind the snow. allthough it was 9 out! i am hoping to get the second gear soon. it is supposed to do 70 then. right now its supposed to do 50+. i will find out tomorrow though. we bought one of those hotwheels radar guns. we tried it earlier and they seem accurate. i really hope to hit 50. anyway here is a little clip from earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmyHDVTwcQ

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we managed to rip off a 36 mph run. but it was so cold the glow plug did not want to work good. for now, thats my story and im stickin to it! i got the brakes workin good last night and im thinkin of trying it out today. it is still very cold though.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well today was bad. wayne was running his dragster.......

with my ofna. now the box says my ofna can do 50+ out of the box. im not sure how fast i was going but it was wide open across a parking lot when i ran over the middle of wayne's dragster. it ripped his fuel tank off while my car took to the sky and tumbled for what seemed forever. finally it came to rest on its roof still running. all it broke was a screw that adjusts the alignment. had more so i fixed it quick. well then the roto start spun but the engine didnt. also when i turned the flywheel there was a tight spot. i took it home and took it appart. here is what i found.

i think the spring and pin will go back in the crank to work. the oin is not broken at least i think. its sooth all around. but withthe rough spot still there i think its shot. its a .32 big block. wayne has a tmaxx with a .18 on it so yes my motor is a large one. but i was thinkin if i get a new motor we can put mine on the tmaxx till it goes completely. i bet it would haul too!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice car. I want an HPI Savage SO BAD. I’m trying to resist though because RC cars can get expensive quick lol. I just broke my pull start on my Duratrax Street Force GP. Going to have to drag out the RS4 MT (electric) to sooth the pain.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice car. I want an HPI Savage SO BAD. I’m trying to resist though because RC cars can get expensive quick lol. I just broke my pull start on my Duratrax Street Force GP. Going to have to drag out the RS4 MT (electric) to sooth the pain.
ive broken many of those when i had my team losi. not fun.

but when i took my motor of my car it was then i noticed its size. i sat it next to my 4 tec........

but my buddy has a tmaxx he put a .18 cubic inch motor on. mine is .32 big block. sounds so cool. hopefully my new one gets here soon. i dont really need it but i didnt know that when i ordered it. i got a free one way bearing from my hobby shop because it was used. but after a couple test cranks it slipped too. the compression on this motor is crazy. i think its too much for the bearing with roto start.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HPI Savage ROCKS!!!! I had 3 of 'em :) as well as a monster GT, and a GS storm SUT.
awesome!! post some pics if ya got em!! i love r/c!! :D

but check out what the nice mail man left me today......

not sure why there is a jeep on the box. anyway here are some specs.....

now i cant wait till the snow is gone so i can rip!! plus with an extra motor i can beat the livin snot out of the one i have and not worry. i can see what it can really do!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my first nitro car was a team losi. 2wd stadium truck. it really hauled! i gave it to my brother when i got my tmaxx.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I had a couple of gas cars. One was clocked at 62 mph. That had a Mugen MT-12 turbo.

I just sold that one. I still have a serpant impulse. No motor.

I now own a Revo 3.3 truck. Trucks are the way to go. My GF got me a helicopter for Valentines day. Thats fun

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heres the thing about trucks. we were runnin with a guy that had a new revo. he kept rolling it when he turned. too top heavy and he had to keep chasing it. thats one good thing about buggies. low center of gravity. but damn was that revo ever sweet. tryin to talk my buddy into gettin one. :D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Here are some pics of my toys:

My HPI RS4 MT (Electric)

Doing some flexin!

And the Duratrax Street Force GP. Havnt ran that in prob 2 years lol.

I got a 7 cell battery stuffed in the rs4. That freakin hauls with the extra cell.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice cars/trucks guys, I love my t-maxx 2.5 but I never get to use it anymore, just sits on its shelf collecting dust =( but here are some pics

Lots of aftermarket goodies (including bannana exhaust) nice sound and power adder over stock.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys great toys! gotta love the roll cage. wayner has one of those on his tmaxx. i see you have the better suspension parts. he keeps losing the bulkheads. he is lookin into the metal ones.
anyway i got the ofna runnin pretty good today. i was jumping everyhting!
here is a couple quick vids from 2 weeks ago. i had no camera today though. anyway this is the little ramp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViMnkv2Fe6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eycyyas9M0

one of my buddies bought an ofna too! i broke it in for him and tuned it. his has the .26 big block........

also we bought a wireless camera! so be ready for some great videos!!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
yeah those things break pretty easy on a good jump with a front case. Thats why I beefed up the front suspension arms, bumper, skid plate and cross brace for the bulk head. I also put on some heavier gauge springs and heavier oil in the shocks. I really should run it more often but I was thinking of selling it since I could use the cash lol. Anyway looks like that ofna is pretty quick I miss the car thing, I used to have a traxxas elec 4 tec, well I still have it but my batteries are shot. I used to have a grass hopper 2 from tayama but I broke the tub chasis in half.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much you want? maybe wayner would like to buy one already done than do his.
my 4tech is at the hobby shop getting rebuilt. it sat for 2 years. i fired it up when i got my ofna and decided to fix it. waiting on parts now.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice.

I used to drive my XX-T on the roof of my parents house (100 foot long ranch house). You get awesome traction and there are some nice hits up there. The truck fell off the roof a couple of times, but luckily there are evergreens around the perimeter of the house to cushion the fall. :D

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used to drive my XX-T on the roof of my parents house (100 foot long ranch house). You get awesome traction and there are some nice hits up there. The truck fell off the roof a couple of times, but luckily there are evergreens around the perimeter of the house to cushion the fall. :D
now that sounds fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts