TCCoA Forums banner

What is the minumum to reach 13s???

• 3000K stall TC from Dirtyd0g AND hoosier slicks

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Mark 8 TC and hoosier slicks

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Dirtyd0g 3000 stall TC and street tires

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • nothing, it is hopeless without a power adder...

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as some of you have followed me bringing my choked 94 bird up to status...well, we (Kodiak Chick and I) have decided that 13s have to happen, BUT...it has to be N/A...So far, here is what I have or will have in the very near future...

NPI 94 Block
PI Heads/cams/intake
02 MAF
ART catless exhaust into borla Turbos
Chip by Lonnie
02 GT Airbox
17X9s with 245/45 17s <---I need more meat out back, I know
3.73s w/ TL
no bottom 1-2 or 2-3 spring

Here is the ?. What do I need from the above to reach 13s? I live on the east coast so elevation will always be pretty low...Not sure what to do! and BTW, we fortunatly just got a decent jump in monthly income...so I could have kept those damn GFX!!!! damnit! anyway, any help would be great!

Shane

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
What are you running now? 60ft times?

I'd say it may be possible with just the TC. depends on the day, your skill, race weight, etc.
with TC and slicks I'd say it's very probable.
Obviously the last option is wrong.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Palmguy said:
He's only running in his mind right now :rofl:
:zbench:

Why don't you just get it, put it on. THEN figure out what you run instead of just tabulating supposed RWHP gains of each mod? :tongue:

·
Banned
445 Posts
Now guys you have to give him a little bit of a break. Alaska did not have a track so he couldn't get times there and we've tried to go 3 times since we've been here. Now we probably could have tried a few more times then that but stuff comes up and lack of fundage sucks too. So next month, unless a freak storm hits again-or forcasted storm :D, we WILL be there and he will finally have slips!

:D Heather :D

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, the poll tells it all...Guess I need a 3K stall TC after all...Anyone know if this will pose probs for everyday driving? Also, since its a higer stall, need a trannie cooler...Would a 24,000 GVW Hayden fin cooler be good enough?

Shane

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
Guess I need a 3K stall TC after all...Anyone know if this will pose probs for everyday driving? Also, since its a higer stall, need a trannie cooler...Would a 24,000 GVW Hayden fin cooler be good enough?
Yes. No. Yes. :D

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I have the Marauder TC, it stalls around 2600-2800. My engine is basically unmodded, so since you're making more power it MAY stall a little higher. And it only cost around $200 brand new. Well, remanufactured, but that's close enough.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
not MAY stall higher, WILL. The better traction you have, and the more torque you make, the higher the TC will stall. So with all that PI stuff plus slicks it should stall around its rated 2800-3000rpm.
-Thomas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts