TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i need to know what my casting numbers are telling me. im told it came from a fox body bird but not sure. i wiped the oil away and im pretty sure i seen

E0AE
E3C

what do we have here?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
that is a 1980 block beign it has AE on it, it coulda came out of anthing in 1980 .
the 85gt that i had ended up using the block out of had the orginal engine in it and was also stamped E5AE

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know if its an 80 block. i have another block that reads almost the same but im told its and 84

·
Registered
645 Posts
The block was redesigned in 1980. They don't change the casting number unless something about the part changes. I'm pretty sure that's when Ford changed the block to use the 1 piece rear main seal. The A indicates the engine is from a LTD, although it could have come from a number of other cars.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does have the 1 piece rear main if im not mistaken

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ZeroRain said:
i dont know if its an 80 block. i have another block that reads almost the same but im told its and 84
i am telling you that it is, e designates 80's and 0 desingnates 0 so its a 1980 block

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did the 80's block use the serp belt? i mean a ridged one with a reverse water pump?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
if it was in a mustang yes, if not no

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im told it came from a bird. but idk. turns out its an 80 like noted above, has a clockwise aluminum water pump, TB injection, two serp belts, and some odd air pump , i think, that sits under the ac comp. any idea what this came out of? and do you think it has a 50oz imbalance?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
80 should be a 28 oz inbalance.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now i have an 89 sc fly that is the zero balance one. how much work would be involved in getting it 28 imbalance

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have never had that done so i cant tell ya

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well the flex i have looks close to the 28 so im thinking its that one. but when i contacted spec the said they couldnt do it. something about the flys wont work so i said forget it. im gonna get ahold one of my race shops.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
if you want ill price a motorsport for you

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motorsport? will it have my 28oz imbalance? if so then yea go for it. has to be the sc because thats what my clutch is

1 - 16 of 16 Posts