TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for the Rear frame to body insulators on my 1995 Ford Thunderbird LX with a 4.6 engine. I have looked high and low Ford has discontinued the part, surprise surprise! I was hoping someone had an outlet as to anyone who could make me a set? The original part number was E9SZ 5D006A

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
They'll be UHMW (IIRC), but Jay Richmond ( 98Mark8LSC here, Jay Richmond on Facebook) makes some now.

RwP

·
Premium Member
521 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
If you're willing to go poly instead the prothane Cobra ones work, and are quite cheap
He is looking for the subframe mount bushings, not the diff mount bushings, so Cobra stuff won't work.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Do any of you guys know the size of the bolts on the IRS bushings?

The ones it was recommended to cut to make it easier to yank; My bolts will not move, so...

I'd rather have some grade 12.9 bolts (and nuts, jic) sitting here when I do this.

Also, Any difference in a mark IRS frame?

I know the diff case is aluminum, as well as the lower arms, but isn't everything else the same?

I'm going to go scout the JY, since the snakes are sleeping now. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still looking for the subframe mounting bushings anyone out there have any ideas or know of anyone who can manufacture? Ford is NO help at all!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Besides what has been previously mentioned I dont think anything exists. The aluminum ones are a great upgrade if you are looking for handling but if you arent than they will be too harsh. I guess you could try the rear ones from a 1993 SHO but I havent heard of anyone else doing that yet so not sure if itll work.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
SHO ones look completely different, and won't work.

Honestly, if you want stock bushings, I think your only option is to swap the whole subframe out with a used one that has decent bushings in it, because even just pressing the bushings out of the subframe will destroy them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Super Coupe Performance is your only readily accessible option at this point. They're not cheap and they will transmit a bit more vibration because they're solid aluminum, but good luck trying to find used OEM bushings in decent shape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts