TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the indiglo replacement ford emblem...anyone done this yet? I looked behind the emblem and there are no bolts. Does it just pop off? Just wondering cause there's a metal molding around the back of it. I realize Im going to have to drill through it to get a grommet there but was wondering how those things come off.

thanks guys...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
it's attatched with double sided tape. there are two holes in the sheetmetal so it's easy for them to make the logo perfectly horizontal.

I suggest goo-gone (or similar) and a plastic razor.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Not to change the subject but....

Where do you get those emblems?I saw one but couldnt get up to him to ask.
Thanks,
chris

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Re: Not to change the subject but....

LX-Tasy said:
Where do you get those emblems?I saw one but couldnt get up to him to ask.
Thanks,
chris
http://www.nthcoast.com/

Don't expect them to actually want to talk or help you though.. or to be told if what you ordered went through or is even in stock...

http://www.autoi.com/ carries them too, dunno about their service, but it can't be much worse than nthcoast where the customer doesn't deserve the time of day.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yeah, both me and my girlfriend have it on our cars. They are sweet. They are only noticable up close which is good, since Popo around here is gay.

I used a razor, some goo-gone or decal remover, and drilled a little hole for the wires. I hooked it up to a liscence plate lamp since it draws so little current. Haven't had any problems with the gizmo yet. It's even survived the abuse my subs deal to the trunk.

PJ

·
Registered
621 Posts
PJ-4.2L said:
Yeah, both me and my girlfriend have it on our cars. They are sweet. They are only noticable up close which is good, since Popo around here is gay.

PJ
Why would the police care? I mean, it's just a lighted emblem? Pontiac has their lighted logos, too.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
WaLieN said:
Why would the police care? I mean, it's just a lighted emblem? Pontiac has their lighted logos, too.
Pontiac emblems are the same color as the rest of the brakelights though, not blue.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
easy

this install was very easy. Just used a drill, screwdriver, and goo gone. Pulled it off, ran the wire, tagged the license plate wire and viiola!

looks sick, very subtle too.

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
621 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Pontiac emblems are the same color as the rest of the brakelights though, not blue.
Yeah, I guess you have a point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to change the subject but....

ShadowDragon said:

http://www.nthcoast.com/

Don't expect them to actually want to talk or help you though.. or to be told if what you ordered went through or is even in stock...

worse than nthcoast where the customer doesn't deserve the time of day.
I am sorry if you had a bad expirence with our company. Can i please ask you what problem you had? And do not air it on the forum please email me or PM me.

Any email is answered virtually the same day being that I answer every single email that comes into [email protected]. Every phone is answered. You are going to get a voice automed person but if you listen to the choices you Press 6 for Northcoast Performance. The reason this is like this is there are 2 companies using the SAME phone system.

Customers are the most important thing to us, without customers companies would not exist. Sometimes you can not please every customer, thats the way business is. If anyone has a question ASK US we are more than happy to answer any ask question to the best of our ability. If you have any question about installing a product you bought from us ask us we have installed what we sell on many cars and can answer your questions.

We stock EVERY thing that we sell and if its not in stock here it will be drop shipped direct to you from the factory at no additional charge. Everything ordered before 3PM EST will be shipped same day.

Thank You
Todd Forgione

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
I recieved no response at all to two emails, one of which was the order form itself.

After calling (and navigating the voice response system, which I can entirely understand with more than 1 company sharing the same phone number) I left a voice mail which was never returned.

I called the next day to order a 94 S/C rear bumper cover which was in the Flea Market page. I see that page no longer exists on the new site, however it read that when something was sold it would be removed from the page. While I can see that it might take a day or two to remove an item from that page when I got ahold of someone I was told that that there was no 94 S/C rear bumper cover and that was that. No asking to put me on a waiting list for the next one, or anything.

I checked back on the website every so often for a few weeks and it was still listed as in stock. I see it is now listed as in stock in the Thunderbird area but am not going to go through the motions to try again considering my experience the first time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
June-August our email service was down. The password that was used on the email adress was deleted and we did not know it since the person that set up the account went to college and we didnt have anyway of contacting him. That is why no email responses......if you noticed we have a new email adress.

The phone message we can not return all of them due to the fact we get a alot everyday and some of them slip through the cracks and get lost. I appoligize for this. At least you understand the voice automated system so many people jsut hang up and dont listen to a relitivly simple thing to do...press 6 for Northcoast Performance

You called for a S/C bumper that we did not have. The reason that you wernt asked to be put on a waiting list is because there wasnt one. We came across one for a good price and bought it. It was a one time deal. It didnt come off the website ASAP because our webmaster moved to Arizona(we are in NY)and sometimes things dont get done.

We do not have the bumper covers now and will never be getting them again. I notified our webmaster and hopefully it will be taken off the website sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I apoligize for any past problems but assure you that things are not that way on a daily basis. Please in the future do not worry about our customer service. And hopefully you will do business in the future.

Todd Forgione
Northcoast Performance

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, once in awhile there is a defective logo. They are not light bulbs but they are more like a neon. We are not exactly sure what is used to make the light.
But one of the things that we offer that no other company offer is a two year guarantee. when it burns out, gets some water in it just send it back and get a new one.
0-6 months Free of charge
6-1.5years $5.00
1.5-2 years $12

Todd

·
Registered
935 Posts
Got my emblem off of ebay...

I baught mine from some joker in Cali off ebay, for 30-40 bucks if I remember. My stock emblem looked really tired so I figured I could spend a lil more and get one that glows. Pretty sweet look, and I've yet to get pulled over in VA which is amazing! Shoot they'll pull you over for anything in this state.

Pretty cool look for the money.

here's a link to the guys auction list.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sjcfire

Shoot and after doing this mod, you'll gain about 2 hp :p

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
That is actually pretty good considering it's around $100 to get an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet to do it yourself. Of course if you buy bulk it will be cheaper. I had looked into getting a sheet when I was making my own gauges.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts