TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have my car in the garage swapping the motor I decided it was a good time to pull the door panle and pop out the mother of all door dings. The Ding popped out fairly well. But when pulling the door panel, I discovere the spaekers were not factory speakers. They are Infinity speakers. I have heard of Infinities, but can anyone tell me if in general they are any good? I can't say for sure what they are other than Infinities, no model or anything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not really into big car stereos, but as far as big home systems, yeah. They make great speakers, but I've never heard any of their car stuff.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If they're infinity component speakers, they're damn good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Infinity makes nice stuff. I love my Kappa 5x7s. What color are they?

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah... nice stuff as long as they have enough power. do they have a pattern on them like honeycomb or a pearl color?

Dave

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The honeycomb pattern is the refernce series of infinity (lower end)

the pearl/mica green color are the Kappa series (higher end)

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
I took my door panels apart and found out I had Boston speakers (bought Bird used almost two years ago). Later on I found out that Boston also makes pencil sharpeners. Now you all know why I don't like to brag about my speakers.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
If your speakers are Boston Acoustics, they're DAMN good speakers. There were top 5 probably 8 years ago or so.

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
Boston Acoustics, eh? Hm, wish my speakers were working though. My car was broken into two years ago from this coming Halloween, and had my AIWA unit stolen. Replaced it about 5 months later with same exact AIWA unit, and two months later my speakers stopped working, so now I haven't had sound in my car for over one year and counting. I've been thinking of taking my car into Best Buy since they're the ones who installed my unit, but I never really got around to doing it yet. Having no sound in your car really sucks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Boston makes kick *** speakers still.. Car stuff is really good.. I spent like 5 grand on Boston Home theater speakers.. I love em.. I liked em better then JMlab

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Infinity Kappas are some of the best mid speakers I've ever heard.Boston arent far behind.I have kappas in my car now and I had reference in my old car.Love 'em can't beat 'em.Ive got a punch 400a4 running 4 kappas and they don't distort in the least.I'd recommend them to anyone for anything.good luck Jim

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had infinitys in my x-TC and now have bostons in my SC. I love bostons. They are a lot flatter accross the frequency range where infinitys are more peaky. But a lot of people love that in speakers also. I have always thought that Bostons are a little know treasure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
infinity's are decent speakers, ive got the kappa 50.3cs model component set for my front soundstage runnin off of a kappa 255a amp, very pleased for it being in the doors. they're a little lacking in the midbass department, probably because they're in set up IB, but if you were to put them in a kickpanel set up that was semi-sealed, they would sound really great

plan on upgrading to the focal utopia's or eclipse 8701 line source set, so when i do if anybody's interested ill put a post up here in the for sale forum, ill probably let go of them cheap......but itll be a couple months down the road

1 - 13 of 13 Posts