TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into all the possibilities here. I've been searching for a 02-03 tranny from a stang but most of them around here are around $600, so i stumbled upon Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions on ebay. They want $800 for a remanufactured tranny, but i'm skeptical that they use upgraded parts as in the new trannys coming directly from ford. If anyone has any info on them i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Adam B.

·
8,239 Posts
We put one of their AOD's in my buddys stock thunderbird and it worked fine. They seem to do a better job than alot of the shops. I can't comment on their 4r70w's, just pick up the phone and call them.

JH

·
8,239 Posts
you would be better off buying a junkyard trans and calling it a day, a late model mustang or vic trans.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just looking for something that has the updated parts that will last a long time and something that i won't have to worry about down the road. I plan on keeping the car until i'm thru college and i'm trying to make it as reliable as possible while i still have a good paying job.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I can help you with that if you want. If you are interested in talking more about what you want and what I can offer, just PM me or call me at 317-514-8529.
Take Care
Darrin

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
hope i am not too late but i actually have one in my car now. last march i twisted my output shaft in my driveshaft and thought the tranny went out. i was looking on ebay and found their site. 500 bucks for a rebuilt tranny!! after everyhting it was 700 bucks. they pressure test them after the rebuild and 30 mins before shipping. the results come with. i would say get one. they r incredible i think. i got the warranty but did not need it and i have had no problems at all. it does souind too good to b true but it isnt. its well worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts