TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for this coming season i (my son and i) decided we're going to install a meth inj.kit to the newest member of our family. also i'm thinking heavily about getting rid of my 6 lb sc pulley and replacing it w/ an 8 lb one,and then topping it off with a 355 locker in the rear. now for the question. is the upgrade to the induction going to be more than my pipes can handle. also how far can i go without having to reflash?....plans for the future include driveline upgrades of coarse,sticky tires,converter and then i want to overhaul my pi power plant .add mild street cams and bigger injectors.by then im going want to rethink my exhaust and suspension.............it begines with a dream.

·
Registered
992 Posts
If your ART exhaust consists of 2.5" diameter true duals, they will handle everything you have under consideration.

You need a new tune anytime you significantly change the amount of airflow through the engine. Definitely when you change to the smaller blower pulley.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
If your ART exhaust consists of 2.5" diameter true duals, they will handle everything you have under consideration.

You need a new tune anytime you significantly change the amount of airflow through the engine. Definitely when you change to the smaller blower pulley.
The ART's are 2.5 and I agree that they will handle anything that you want to do_Of course with the replacement of the pulley you will need the tune.We could do the gears and the Meth kit without a tune.That would be fine.Also contact Lonnie of BOC.com and ask how much a reflash is if we were to send your chip in.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
a retune is not needed, just have the air fuel checked with a wideband. Shpulde be in 11.5-12.0 if its not you need to tweak the tune by tweaking the maf transfer function also those injecters and maf will be pegged very quicky I say get some 39s and a 90 mm lmaf that what I've i got and using 4.6 volts of 5 being maxed

Robert

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Really, the 8lb pulley would max it????Looks like we gotta search for a 90 LMAF and some bigger injectors first then.I think timb said the car had 32's now?Not too sure.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Really, the 8lb pulley would max it????Looks like we gotta search for a 90 LMAF and some bigger injectors first then.I think timb said the car had 32's now?Not too sure.
Almost their 30's and the pump is 190 lph. MAF is an 02 mustang so should be 80mm

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I have some 39lbs with the connectors that Im selling. If you interested let me know..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have some 39lbs with the connectors that Im selling. If you interested let me know..
Ya I shoulda read his sig.:rolleyes:I see it now.Thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first thing i want to say is....HEY TIMB.love the car.we were getting aquainted with the car, sooo much fun.did'nt get it to the track yet but maybe this season.

appreciate the help on the board.maybe i should slow down a bit and just go w/ the gears and injection for now. one thought out step at a time.next year i'll go w/ the smaller pulley and the 90mm maf and if i go w/ larger injectors then it'll be the 42's.if the money is still ok at this stage then i'll opt for a higher stall as well. thanx

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Hey. Glad you are having a good time. I must have been asleep at the wheel when I posted because I didn't make the connection that you were talking about my old car :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts