TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freind just bought a 95' supercoupe with 83,000 miles for 2,000 dollars. It is a nice car, great car actually. We found a cracked fuel injector and the injector was blue. We have a redish oarnge injector that came of anouther super coupe, will this injector work, and what usually goes wrong first on super coupes?

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
To my knowledge Ford color codes the injectors, and I do not believe the orange one will work. As far as what goes wrong on supercoupes everybody will tell you something different. When I purchased my car two years ago I had sensors going out right and left. Next up was the transmission and now my radiator sprung a leak and my headgaskets are on their way out. From what I've seen these are common things that go out, so hopefully when I get these things repaired I will be in the clear for a little while. Good luck with your buddies 95, just out of curiousity is it a manual or automatic?
and he did get a steal of a deal on it. My car, at time of purchase had 72,000 miles on it and booked at 13k. The dealer was asking 9 and I talked him down to 7.

·
8,239 Posts
The 89-93 SC and 89-90 XR7 use 30lb injectors.

These are red in color.

The 94-95 SC uses 36 lb injectors.

These have a dark blue color.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
This link may help you. A red injector is a 30lb, and the stock 95 SC injectors are 36lb. Mixing different injector ratings is a very bad idea. If you put a 30 lb injector in with 5 other 36 lb ones, the cylinder with the 30 lb injector will definitely be running lean.

-Rod

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is an automatic, i wish is was manual, but you can't win them all. Another question, how bad will he beat my V8 in the 8th mile.

·
VA Chapter Director
729 Posts
If you race him and everything else is equal (ie. reaction time, traction etc...) the SC is gonna pull out in front from the start with all the low end torqe it makes. I saw my friends Stock 90 SC dyno 290 ft/lbs at the wheels at about 2500rpm. I think the V8's put out about that much torque at the crank. His 95 SC will put out a little more torqe than my friends 90 so if I were you I would take advantage of him getting practice not spinning his tires. If/when he breaks them loose on the launch you have a chance of beating him then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts