TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., before anyone flames me I already did a search for "injector o-rings", but I'm NOT going to waste hours sifting through 83 pages of posts when maybe there's someone out there who knows and wouldn't mind answering my question - how does one get the "cap" (or whatever it's called) off of the bottom of the injector (the end that seats into the intake manifold) to replace the o-rings without destroying said "cap"?!! None of mine seem to want to come off of the injectors and the one I tried to pry off with a screwdriver promptly cracked in half! I went to two parts stores but neither had kits in stock for injectors that had the part I needed and I really don't want to spend $43 on a new injector just because I need a small plastic piece!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know, but this is not specific to the 4.6/5.4 modular engine, so off to General Tech Forum
My bad! I've spent all afternoon working on my car in my dad's garage and it's now 10:02 p.m. and I haven't had my dinner yet, so I'm not firing on all cylinders at the moment!

Dennis

·
Registered
197 Posts
http://www.mrinjector.us/ has everything injector related you need. I use a interior clip tool (u shaped notches with a screwdriver handle) to pop them off while holding the injector in my hand. The pintle caps are a pita sometimes and if you are replacing the o-rings just replace the cap also.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
http://www.mrinjector.us/ has everything injector related you need. I use a interior clip tool (u shaped notches with a screwdriver handle) to pop them off while holding the injector in my hand. The pintle caps are a pita sometimes and if you are replacing the o-rings just replace the cap also.
mr injector is a wonderful service, I've even called him for help. When replacing the caps put them in hot water, and I like putting a second O-ring temporarily to act as a support and not crush the pintle cap when you push it against a table to install it.

Also, injector pintle caps can break off in the intake when you remove them, I don't think the plastic will hurt the engine though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
+1 on the mrinjector seller. That's the guy I got my rebuild kit from. Here's a link for the kit.

The neat part about the kit? You get enough parts to do 9 injectors. Plus instructions. I like that kind of thinking, send enough pieces to cover any screw-ups and breakage in re-assembling the injectors....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts