TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts store sold me some kits for my 94's injectors with o-rings and caps, but the new caps look nothing like the old ones. They will physically fit, but the old ones were basically just little plastic rings on the end. Parts guy showed me his screen and said they only show that type of cap, and their replacement injectors looked considerably fatter and didn't even look like it had a cap at all.

Three of the old caps pretty much disintegrated, and the others are cracked in various places. Basically, what I'm trying to figure out, is can I use these caps on my injectors as-is, or would I be able to trim them down to match the old ones, or what should I do?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
There is a bunch of designs on the caps.

I had trouble getting the correct ones too.

Should be single hole and once snapped on there is no gap. If that is the case they should be good.

BUT shoot a pic and post of give me a part number and I will look up a pic. I think I still have one around here.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's Borg-Warner, 274081. I don't have a card reader here in the shop so I'll have to post a pic when I get home, but basically, it looks like a blue plastic nipple with a very small hole.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
One hole not 3. Good.

The last bit is making sure it snaps on all the way. You should be able to see the squirter through the hole.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand why this was moved to General Tech when there's numerous other threads about the caps in the 4.6 section.

I'm still at the shop, so I grabbed these pics off the system here.
This is the injector I have:

This shows the caps they gave me:

The cap will go on fine, but the tip of the cap is about an 1/8th of an inch from the tip of the injector and I can't see it spraying too well if I used them as they are.
My system here doesn't show a kit for the injectors I have, I can only get the whole injector with seals.
Would it be safe to trim the caps to how I need them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts