TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When they start giving you problems? I looked and could not find anything in the service manual. Maybe someone else might have an idea.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
there is no interval if you suspect a leaking of cloged injector then have them tested...but most of the time testing or cleaning costs just as much as replacing the stock injectors so you might as well replace them if you suspect a problem

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That was my impression. When they go, replace them. I would start with some (a lot) SeaFoam through the system (gas tank and intake) and see if that helps. Cheaper to buy $7 of SeaFoam than a $60 - $140 injector. Then you have to consider all the other things that may act like an injector going bad...

1) TPS
2) Wires and plugs
3) o2 sensors
4) IAC
5) poor gas
6) etc. etc...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Cool. Na, these are outright buys, no auction. I just saw them when I was looking for some stuff for my 94...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before I buy them I'm going to break the scanner out and run the diagnostics on the car.

I know my 6.5TD recommends replacement of injectors at 100,000 miles and I couldn't find anything in Mitchell on the 3.8 replacement interval.

With 186000+ I think it is getting time to replace them.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Before I buy them I'm going to break the scanner out and run the diagnostics on the car.

I know my 6.5TD recommends replacement of injectors at 100,000 miles and I couldn't find anything in Mitchell on the 3.8 replacement interval.

With 186000+ I think it is getting time to replace them.
NS! I would go for some o2's before the injectors! Have you replaced the o2's since 100k packratt? It sure solved a lot of my problems; but then again, its still a 3.8l.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts