TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I started my car this morning and it was running rough and smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. When I got out the exhaust smelled like gas, and it white smoke was coming out in pulses out of the tailpipes. I figured out that the number 2 injector is stuck opened. I pulled the connector off of the injector and the exhaust still smelled like gas, so I figured it's the injector itself and not the eec, but once I got the injector out, I tried to blow through it to make sure it was bad, but I couldn't. I don't think there could be another bad injector because I pulled all the plugs and they were all fine except for #2 which was covered in gasoline. Before I go buy an injector and find out it's the eec, or buy an eec and find out it's the injector, can anyone tell me what you think it is. Thanks.

Mike

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Do you have a multimeeter or a test light? If so hook it up to the plug for the injector that is hung open. If it pulses the EEC is OK if it stays on steady it's the EEC

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree I had this problem and put a noid light on with a solid light put the scanner on and had eec failure. If you can get to a shop we usually charge 70 bucks to tell you you or just go to autozone and they do it for free. The comp for ford cost 400 about for a reman. Sometimes a chip will toast your comp. So if you have mods done go back to base if possible before the new comp run it and then put the mods in.
N8!

·
Super Moderator
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My noid light seems to have a blown bulb or something. I switched the injector with one from a different cylinder, and after running it for a few minutes, I checked the plugs and the #2 was still covered in gas while the rest were fine. This leads me to think that it is the eec, so what I did was I disconnected the #2 injector. I figured that this way I would only be running on 7 cylinders, but at least I wouldn't be spewing unburnt gas everywhere. Well I disconnected that injector and it is still spewing unburnt gas out the tailpipes. My dad has a multimeter, but I am not too savvy on electronics. What setting should it be on to check for the pulses. I was messing around with it, but I couldn't get it to pulse at all. Anyway, let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts