TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found today that I have a stuck injector. I was thinking of replacing them as a set. I have seen the matched sets from Ford Racing. Or if I could pick up a stock set for about the same as the Ford Racing set. Does any one know what the part # is or have a link of where I could buy them from?

Thanks

/

·
Registered
175 Posts
Before you go buying a set of injectors, be absolutely sure it's not your computer taking a poopie and holding it open (or closed). I know for a fact that computers from '94 did this, and '95s weren't much better. You didn't post what you did to diagnose the problem, so forgive me for sounding like a moron...but did you use a noid light to check the injector pulse? How did you go about figuring this was the problem? Just curious...you'll get your part numbers, just want to make sure you aren't spending money on something that's not needed.

-DG-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Checked at the injector with a noid light and it was flashing. I did not get a chance to remove the injector to blow thru it yet.

The matched set are listed at $200, But single injectors are $50 to $60 a piece. I would rather put the extra money out for a matched set just to replace them all. If matched sets are not worth the money, Does any one know where I could find a set of eight for the same price as a matched set.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If it is the injector and not the EEC, I would just replace the injector with a junkyard one. expect to pay ~$20 or so for one.
-Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked op a set from racecougar. In the few days that the car was parked in the lot at my apartment complex some one backed into the right side quarter all the way to the door. Looks like it was a delivery truck. No witnesses. At this point I will donate the car for the write off.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Ouch!! I don't know how someone could drive off after that. I just don't understand how you could sleep at night knowing you drove away from that

·
Registered
573 Posts
I say whoever did that was either drunk or did it on purpose. Makes me want to snatch the six shooter and the ten gallon hat off the rack, round up a posse, and go lookin' for that cowboy!

·
Registered
355 Posts
i have a 95 eec for sale if you interested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts