TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cougar was running pretty well (long story) before I pulled the engine for rebuild. My injectors look pretty clean...I'm not sure what they are supposed to look like when brand new. The little top hat things on the intake end are slightly discolored, but aren't crudded up at all. I can still see the four little pin holes on every one of them and I have no reason to believe any of them are non-functional. Is there any reason I might need to replace some (or all) of the injectors? Comb. chambers all looked about the same....a bit of carbon, but the stuff wasn't 1/4 inch thick or anything. What do y'all recommend?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If I hadn't broken a couple of the little hats on mine I would have put them back in on the explorer motor and they had 200K on them. It probably depends on what your long tem intentions for the motor are...if you think you will ever add a supercharger you will need larger injectors then anyways

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It's not good to use injectors you don't need, you actually want the injectors to at about 70% to 80% of their max.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I agree Greenbird I wasn't suggesting he put larger ones in now only that he reuse his existing ones if he planned to upsize later. I gues I could have worded it a little clearer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts