TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My injectors have been ticking so much lately, I run injector cleans and it helps for a few hundo miles. Is there something I could bathe them in to clean them better?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
If they stop ticking... Then worry!

The only time I have ever heard a quiet injector is when it was partially clogged or not working at all.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Agreed.
You guys should hear the injectors on the turbo Cougar. They are the loudest ones I have ever heard (35 lbs./hour).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking to someone today bout my injectors ticking and he said that it sounds like I got bigger ones in there and some people would think my car is built up a bit so theres no downside to it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the clicking you hear is a good thing indeed. when the fuel injector is instructed to spray an electromagnet pushes the plunger which opens the valve so the fuel can be pushed out in all of its misty glory :) that clicking u here is that magnet doing its job.

so yes, like the others said, that sound is a sweet good thing. so no worries

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I was talking to someone today bout my injectors ticking and he said that it sounds like I got bigger ones in there and some people would think my car is built up a bit so theres no downside to it.
Higher flow injectors do not make any more noise. Stop spreading bad information.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Uhh how loud should injectors be? I have a 94 LX 4.6L and I have the typical bad PS pump and I can hear a ticking noise over it I also have a code tripped that reads "Bank 2 two lean" or something like that I figured I had bad O2 sensors. but now I'm thinking maybe bad injectors, my car when its cold stumbles so bad that in the winter I can floor it and it will backfire. Basically feels like its missing power at full throttle if I back off my pedal to about midway the power comes on steady. When its hot the problem goes mostly away. Any ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
replace both o2 senors if ur over 60k miles anyways. it can't hurt and might help if not solve the problem all together.

also check with a couple of ur local shops to see if anyone offers a fuel injector cleaning and flowtesting service. typically shops will offer this but the price range will baffle you. price range for identical service from one shop to another i've seen range from 80 bux to nearly 300. so be careful not to get taken. usually if ur misfiring due to an injector, it'll give you a "misfire cylinder #" code. but dont quote me on that causse im not sure about the 94's.

Travis

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
replace both o2 senors if ur over 60k miles anyways. it can't hurt and might help if not solve the problem all together.

also check with a couple of ur local shops to see if anyone offers a fuel injector cleaning and flowtesting service. typically shops will offer this but the price range will baffle you. price range for identical service from one shop to another i've seen range from 80 bux to nearly 300. so be careful not to get taken. usually if ur misfiring due to an injector, it'll give you a "misfire cylinder #" code. but dont quote me on that causse im not sure about the 94's.

Travis
quick question were does it say he has a misfire?? He is said he injectors were kind of loud which is normal on my old 97 they were decently loud and absolutely nothing wrong with them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
quick question were does it say he has a misfire?? He is said he injectors were kind of loud which is normal on my old 97 they were decently loud and absolutely nothing wrong with them.
I did say it was misfiring so bad it would backfire on really cold days if I floored it. I got it fixed now anyway. I changed the wires and when I did I noticed that where the intake hose meets the Mass sensor housing the clamp was loose and letting air in without being metered. Now MOST of my power is back but my engine light is still on and off the line until the car warms up if I floor it it just bogs down unless I let off the pedal to like 1/2 to 3/4 once I get above 2200ish rpm I can give it more gas and it responds Its "OK" once it warms up after like say 10 mins. But still really sluggish off the line until the engine revs up into its midrange. Feels like a turbo charger almost it has to "spool up" before the power kicks in lol. My 4.6l would probably really scoot if it had a mild supercharger or a 5spd in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts