TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive got the 8 injectors that came with my explorer engine and i was wondering if they are also 19 lb/hr like the stock ones and if i cut off the existing connectors and spliced on the newer style ones would it work? No real point behind it other than its the newer style and that the explorer ones have about 25k on them rather than 150k.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
There is no problem with changing over from the ev1 style connector (and injector) to the ev6 style. It will require some amount of work as those connections should be soldered and heat shrunk in order to reduce the chance of failure.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i had to switch over to the newer ev6 since my 24 lb/hr injectors are from a marauder.....DEFINITELY solder the new harnesses onto the wires.....last thing in the world you need is to drift lean on a WOT run because of loose injector wires

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
i belive they also sell adapters to plug in the newer style into the older harnesses.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I soldered in the newer style connectors for my DOHC swap because I wanted to use the newer style Mach I injectors.
i belive they also sell adapters to plug in the newer style into the older harnesses.
The only adapters that I've seen were adapters to plug older style injectors into the newer style connectors. The reason I read was because people wanted to use their aftermarket injectors on newer vehicles and that there are more aftermarket options for the older style injectors right at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts