TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will 5.0 mustang injectors work on my 1990 thunderbird, and will the computer need to be tuned after this? The reason why im asking is that, is I had my brother re-install the injectors back on the the fuel rail, when i took a look at them 3 of the 6 injectors were broken, as in the small nozzle was broken off, can I reuse them or are new injectors needed or can I swap them out for 5.0 injectors that I have laying around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If all that is broken is the plastic pintle caps, check ebay. For less than 20 bucks you can pick up a 'rebuild kit' with new caps and o-rings.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
If they are yellow tops they are 19#ers so they are a direct fit to the tbirds 5.0 (3.8s run 19#ers ????? You can buy new pintle caps for cheap. The thin style injectors genII and GenIII are suppose to be a higher velocity design for better fuel atomization. The GenIIs are a direct plug and play for the older rectangular connectors the GenIII have the newer connection. There are adapters for the new style.

Overall if your car came with 19#ers you can swap in the mustangs 19#ers if they are in fact 19#ers (yellow tops and i believe some of the older older ones were just gray). Light blue are 24#, red tops are 30#, dark blue 36#?? green tops are 42#.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
then yes master is correct they will not be optimal without a tune

1 - 10 of 10 Posts