TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be doing the head gaskets in my 93sc this coming spring and while I have tore down I was thinking of doing the camshaft. My question is. are there better factory heads than the 93. And what ever else may be better to swap out at the time of being tore down. Also what camshaft would be a decent replacement that would give it a little more umph. Would like to do more but I am sure money will be an object. I would also like to go with a shorter gear but don't know which is in it stock. Was thinking about a 3.23-3.55 gear. Input?
Thanks,
Bryon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is your sc auto or stick. The stick had 2.73 gears the auto have 3.27. Your best option on heads is to have the ones you have ported and polished and have oversized valves put in. As for the best cam I don't know on that one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
automatic trans. also I did do the exhaust awhile back with dual magnaflows in the stock location with a x-pipe and stock cats for the time being.

·
Super Moderator
5,083 Posts
I know. Pop over to www.sccoa.com/forums , check out the previous notes, and then talk to Dave Dalke over there - he's as smart on SC cams as Nick is on mod motor cams. Or at least, they are both so far above MY head that they look equally genius :diablo:

RwP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts