TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to remove the insolater on a 1996 Tbird at the salvage yard. I didn't have the proper tools and was worried I damage it. Can anybody tell me how to approach? The salvage yard said they would not remove it.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Clarification

I'm replying to my own posting to clarify. I'm trying to remove the insolater or bushing in the subframe where it bolts to the frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insolater Location

There are 4 insolaters/bushings that are on the four mounting points of the rear subframe where it bolts to the main frame. I need to replace one.

·
Administrator
8,113 Posts
I'm sure someone with experience will chime in. I hear they can be a real pain to get out.

Joe

·
Registered
570 Posts
The rubber mounts are pulled out of the bottom of the sub-frame.

HERE is a link to a pic of the Rotunda special tool that I use.

And HERE are some pics of the tool in use.

Before I got the tool I used to use a short piece of angle iron with a hole in it, sitting on a couple of sockets, to form a bridge. Then a piece of threaded rod and nuts to pull the mount out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
There are 4 insolaters/bushings that are on the four mounting points of the rear subframe where it bolts to the main frame. I need to replace one.
FYI, The front and rear mounts are marked as such and are different from each other, so make sure you get the correct one to match the one that you need to replace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts