TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:) well its that time now, I have made an appointment for inspection and emissions testing as well as a few other things for Black Friday, and im hoping it won't be too black of one because of some of the problems I have going on with my car. Since I have had the Bird for about 3 weeks now I have actually made some progress in getting it ready for inspection. If only I had a job in the auto industry I would be able to inspect and emission it because I have both of my licenses but unfortunitly I don't so I have done my best to get it ready for it. So far I have been able to get rid of the misfire/ck engine light code for cylinder #3 and have properly gapped all plugs because the previous owner neglected to do it when he changed the plugs:rolleyes: as well as get rid of the brake light that came on every so ofthen by adding a little brake fluid. I have checked the brakes all around and all of them have plenty of friction material left and there are no leaks anywhere. The exhaust looks very good and there is no rust because it was an arizona car for a long time. As for the tires there is a brand new tire on the d.s. rear because the previous owner got a flat and put one on (Goodyear INtegrety) and p.s. rear is down to the wear indicators so that needs replacing and the 2 front are at 5/32, but I was able to get 2 brand new goodyear integrety tires off my friend but they are a smaller size(205/60or65/15) compared to the 215/70/15 that are on the back so what i am going to do is but the 2 front on the rear and put the 2 new ones on the front and save the other new tire until i can get another goodyear integrety of the same size after insp. On top of that I have it going in and getting the oil filter adapter gasket replaced and since it needs a oil change i will have them do it along with new coolant. I am also getting the trans checked out for the shuttering during TC Lockup(which might be cause by lack of maintanence from the previous owner not changing it in the 4 years of ownership or more than that because i dont know if the other owner before him changed it and if he did how long ago). I would do most of this stuff myself but without a heated garage and temps being in the 20's and 30's recently I haven't even attempted it, so is there anything else I should get done or should I wait until I hear what the problem is with the trans? Oh by the way there is a small coolant leak that drips on the exhaust on the d.s. it is very small so far but it drops down off the back of block/head on the d.s. and you get a coolant smell for a couple minutes after running it and then it goes away...any ideas where it might be coming from because you really can't see to well back there?

Have a Good One

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that(the coolant port) and is it something I should get checked right away? Is this something major? Is it expensive to replace?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts