TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALright, so I installed the Amp and Subs from my other post, went in nice and easy.

The only problem was I wired the hot/ground wrong once and blew the fuse out of the kit, had to replace with 100amp fuse....

okay. I drove the car earlier in the day to pick up some things at the store, came back, installed the wiring, tested the Amp, it worked, the radio worked. Went to pull it into the garage to put the subs in, the car wouldn't start, the radio, and other electronics came on, but the car made no noise, no clicks, nothing when I tried to turn it on. Tried jumping it, got nothing. Unhooked the Fuse (uncoupled the 0 Gauge wiring, disabling the amp.) still nothing. And then suddenly the radio wouldn't turn on. Swapped the battery with a bigger one that I know works, tested it with another vehicle. Still nothing.

I dont know whats going on, I wired it up the same as I Have multiple other systems, this is the first time I've run into this problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
ALright, so I installed the Amp and Subs from my other post, went in nice and easy.

The only problem was I wired the hot/ground wrong once and blew the fuse out of the kit, had to replace with 100amp fuse....

okay. I drove the car earlier in the day to pick up some things at the store, came back, installed the wiring, tested the Amp, it worked, the radio worked. Went to pull it into the garage to put the subs in, the car wouldn't start, the radio, and other electronics came on, but the car made no noise, no clicks, nothing when I tried to turn it on. Tried jumping it, got nothing. Unhooked the Fuse (uncoupled the 0 Gauge wiring, disabling the amp.) still nothing. And then suddenly the radio wouldn't turn on. Swapped the battery with a bigger one that I know works, tested it with another vehicle. Still nothing.

I dont know whats going on, I wired it up the same as I Have multiple other systems, this is the first time I've run into this problem.
What size fuse was in the kit? If you're blowing the correct size fuse don't put a bigger fuse in it! It blew because there's a problem.

I was thinking the same thing that Joe suggested. Check all the fuses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, all fuses are good. It shorted the 250amp fuse that was going to my amp because I had the power/ground backwards. Fixed and tested, the amp ran, no issues.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Good GOD! 250amp fuse?

Ok,

Tell us all about your system. What size amp(s) (Wattage rating) are you running? List the amps. What is the total wattage of your system (as configured)?

How are they configured? 2-way, 3-way, 4-way? What are the fuses in the amps rated at?

Are you using a capacitor?

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
I guess you figured it out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts