TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure it is my fan cause when i got off the highway today i noticed my temp was going back up and my fan wasnt kicking in. what could be the cause of this a burnt out fan? is there a fuse that could of gone?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Park your car and turn the defrost on, your fan should kick on automatically. Have you taken into account the possibilities for air bubbles?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no im prety sure its the fan cause ive done that haveing my defrost on and not hearing the fan or noticing a voltage drop

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
yeah, check the wiring on the fan, and the fuse (not sure if there is one or where it is as i've never had to check it). could just be a loose wire, or your fans shot. DO MAKE SURE YOU GET THAT FAN RUNNING BEFORE YOU DO ANYMORE DRIVING. we had a guy in houston here blow his headgaskets cause his fan quit and he didnt know it.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
You can rule out the fan motor by taking a volt-meter or a test light between the wiring harness and a ground point. If you get voltage when the fan should be on, the fan's shot. If you get no voltage, it's a wiring/fuse issue

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
if you have power to the fan, the 9 out of 10 isthe ccrm is bad

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok turned on car this mourning, turned on defrost and fan came on. drove to work today no problem at all? falcon what were you saying about air bubles?

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
DeeDeeArrGuy said:
falcon what were you saying about air bubles?
You might have an air bubble in the cooling system after you refilled it.

Clicky, clicky!

Joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
i'm guessing the fan motor he's talking about isn't pushing the air into your car. it's the fan connected behind your radiator. it's hooked up inside a housing which you have to remove for replacement ($100). Chances are the cold air from normal driving is cooling the engine oil temperature just enough. idle or slow moving traffic might cause more of a problem.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
XR71ST, his fan behind the radiator is working, he said he checked it in an earlier post. Sorry to take so long to reply Dee, but what I meant is that air rises, so when you get your cooling system x full, there's going to be air bubbles in places, which won't get pushed out until the car is running. If/when they get pushed out slowly on their own, there's more room for more coolant to go in

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
just leave your rad cap off, turn the car on, and the bubbles should come right out. You might have a little bit of a mess too. if it gets low by doing this, just fill it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts