TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got my hands on a set of JBGay headers. I know how most things work on a car, and have done very minor mods myself (cat-back, CAI, chip, oil change, plugs/wires, springs/shocks). With my expierence in working on cars do youu guys think I could install these headers myself?

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
shouldn't have a problem. From what everyone has told me, its a PITA to get the driver side in thanks to the steering column.

Technical wise, no its REALLY simple (as simple as bolting on new pipes)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what kinda what i thought too. Do I have to torque them down to certain specs? And also, would it be easiest to drive the front up on ramps?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also how long did it take you guys to install them? Any tips? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I got a set of SS Auto chromy ones, basically the same. I would use your exisitng manifold bolts, they seem ot hold well. It took me about 3 days working in the afternoon to evening a little bit at a time. Probably 8 hours all together.

The steering isn't really a big deal, wait till you try to do the passenger side. Have paitience.

If it's any help at all, I found it more convinient to pull the heads then swap the headers over to the other heads and put them back on. Took all of 10 minutes instead of 8 hours. Good luck

Joe

·
Registered
178 Posts
I put a set of headers on I got from ebay by SS Autochrome. They were a complete pain in the ***. Taking off the manifolds wasn't too bad, but puting the headers on was. The headers weren't an exact match to the piping I have on my car and had to go back to the exhaust shop with open headers to have him redo his piping to fit the headers. lol I'm still pissed and that was like 3 months ago, but they sound better

I got them for $75

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Here's the best way I've found to install those headers:
1. Open the box.
2. Read the instructions, look at the headers.
3. Take a look under the hood of your car.
4. Close box and return them to wherever you got them from.

I'm not saying this to be rude, but I felt no gain from the headers and it was the worst install in my life. There is no good or easy way to do it, but if you're really, really set on putting them on, wait until you get a set of PnP heads, then pull the heads off with the manifolds still attached and put the new heads in with the headers attached. And for god's sake use some of those stage 8 locking bolts so you don't have to get in there and retorque your header bolts later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts